Free DDNS Account not worknig after 30 days, how to fix problem

tester2

n3wb
Reaction score
hi guys, I need your help I got Hikvision Cameras install in my Home, and I got free DDNS Account from no-ip website, but this Account not work after 30 days, and they send me a link every month to click on it to run account & stay,. If I forgot or not check my email for 3 weeks then my ddns account is totally disconnect.

So I like to know, how to stay on ddns account longer over years for free of cost.

Thanks for your replies.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

You should be able to use the inbuilt hikvision ddns in the cameras software.

I'd recommend not using hik ddns if you have purchased a Chinese model camera as the hacked ones can be unreliable.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
hi guys, I need your help I got Hikvision Cameras install in my Home, and I got free DDNS Account from no-ip website, but this Account not work after 30 days, and they send me a link every month to click on it to run account & stay,. If I forgot or not check my email for 3 weeks then my ddns account is totally disconnect.

So I like to know, how to stay on ddns account longer over years for free of cost.

Thanks for your replies.
Go purchase a DYN account if you really want to use port forwarding. Cyber Monday might show some good deals, typically I purchase/renew under promo codes and get 2 or 3 years for $40ish dollars. You get 30 host names for that price, so if you have a lot of machines, cameras, etc you can normally put this to good use.

I don't trust the 3rd party manufacture DNS services since they handle your IP/access links. Don't get me wrong, any system is open to data breech, however I will put more faith in DYN then most anyone else.

tester2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

You should be able to use the inbuilt hikvision ddns in the cameras software.

I'd recommend not using hik ddns if you have purchased a Chinese model camera as the hacked ones can be unreliable.
hi I purchase from ebay, it says overseashikvision, so do you know, which free ddns I have to use in china for this hikvision camera.

thanks

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Sign Up for an account at DYNU.com they have free dynamic dns and they do not expire after 30 days.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not true!
There is no issue at all using the Hikddns with a hacked NVR or even a DVR, I have even got a few 7104 installed just because of their ddns service works better than paying for a no-ip account