free software

jonjo

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently tried out "free software" as certain people on this site have told me I got "ripped off" buying software ....so here's my conclusion about "free software" for anyone who cares...I decided to try EYESPY and found it be unstable on my laptop
running INTEL CORE 17 with AMD RADEON graphics ,I also found that my cpu usage went up from 3% with my normal software to.... 28% with eyespy. which rules out using it on a lap top or tablet for a dvr.. next ...net cam studio but its only good for four cameras so its not really free.......... then I tried.. IP CAMERA VIEWER yes its free but totally useless, unless you buy it ,etc etc...now "free apps" ..not so free I would say ,after down loading most free camera apps I found they would not detect all my cameras....only one app detected all my cameras IP CAM PRO and I paid for that!.. which also brings me to the free app thing that some people rave about ..ive found most free apps have bundled ad ware most not too harmful but a nuisance, but there is an ever increasing problem with some app developers bundling adware like AIRPUSH..this adware is nothing more than a virus it hijacks your browser and takes over your screen ,this adware can not be removed once its on your tablet or phone,it can only be removed by the developers if you want to give them your private details..this is just another way to get your private information.this adware i think should be banned,...........the only way i know how to remove AIRPUSH is with factory reset and we all know what that means....... so my advice for what its worth is pay for your software ...nothing is free........ps.. most adware checkers do not detect AIRPUSH and none of them can remove it!!!

jonjo

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@jonjo Ispy is not free, they charge monthly or yearly for remote access and limited alerts..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I see you understand the point i was making....... regards...jonjo
Yes, if you cannot get rid of the malware/adware, then you should do a clean install. I think you misunderstood what we were telling you. You did not pay for software. You purchased low end cameras that came with software. No one told you to install "free software". The point was that you were ripped off with respect to the cameras as they are low end junk. No one on this site would recommend the any of the software packages you installed.

jonjo

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, if you cannot get rid of the malware/adware, then you should do a clean install. I think you misunderstood what we were telling you. You did not pay for software. You purchased low end cameras that came with software. No one told you to install "free software". The point was that you were ripped off with respect to the cameras as they are low end junk. No one on this site would recommend the any of the software packages you installed.
there was allso a inferance that i bought software that i could of got for free...my point!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
there was allso a inferance that i bought software that i could of got for free...my point!
That is not the case, since you didnt pay for software unless im misunderstanding.......though paid software generally has a much larger feature set..and most importantly allows mixing cameras across brands....

jonjo

n3wb
Reaction score
That is not the case, since you didnt pay for software unless im misunderstanding.......though paid software generally has a much larger feature set..and most importantly allows mixing cameras across brands....
yes your misunderstanding i paid for my software

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
see thread sc10ip cameras its all there
seems like you purchased some android based software that costs 3 dollars...then tried malware laden pc software....you cannot compare that to true pc based vms software....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
where did you see 3 dollars it clearly says 5 and the malware is android airpush
lets not get nitpicky on the numbers...3 or 5, though it sells for 3.99...ipcamviewer is an android based app that is great as a viewer...its not a good vms option...point is its cheap android software...then you tried to download cheap/free android software...bottom line is, if you scrape the bottom of the barrel that is what you are going to get. Uber was directly referring to software from the manufacture....
Point is good vms software costs money unless its provided free from the manufacture or its has severe limitation like camera/storage/time limits...you are not going to get it for 3,4 or 5 dollars. On the same note, quality security camera are going to cost 70-150 dollars for anything midrange image and build quality...you are not going to find it at 15 dollars.

jonjo

n3wb
Reaction score
lets not get nitpicky on the numbers...3 or 5, though it sells for 3.99...ipcamviewer is an android based app that is great as a viewer...its not a good vms option...point is its cheap android software...then you tried to download cheap/free android software...bottom line is, if you scrape the bottom of the barrel that is what you are going to get. Uber was directly referring to software from the manufacture....
Point is good vms software costs money unless its provided free from the manufacture or its has severe limitation like camera/storage/time limits...you are not going to get it for 3,4 or 5 dollars. On the same note, quality security camera are going to cost 70-150 dollars for anything midrange image and build quality...you are not going to find it at 15 dollars.
its not about nit picking its getting facts right the cameras you call junk were priced at over $100 dollars i bought them on sell out for $15 each that in anyones book is not a ripoff .these cameras are 750 p and work very well and far from junk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
its not about nit picking its getting facts right the cameras you call junk were priced at over $100 dollars i bought them on sell out for $15 each that in anyones book is not a ripoff .these cameras are 750 p and work very well and far from junk
The fact is that ip cam viewer pro is not 5 dollars...its 3.99. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcreations.WebCamViewerPaid&hl=en
The point is, you cannot go out and try 4 dollar software then trash it because it doesn't function well as a VMS...
As long as we are sticking to the facts there is no such thing as 750p.....if you are happy with the cameras and image that's fine...you know what they say, if you never had steak....the fact that someone was once selling them at 100 is meaningless...I can find you lots of cameras that are selling for 100 dollars that are complete junk...there is a reason they were discounted to 15......
One of the most important aspects of this forum for me is to point folks towards quality reasonably priced gear and to avoid a drawer full of junk cams...You dont have to take my advice...but no one suggested that free or low cost android apps can function as a vms.

jonjo

n3wb
Reaction score
The fact is that ip cam viewer pro is not 5 dollars...its 3.99. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcreations.WebCamViewerPaid&hl=en
The point is, you cannot go out and try 4 dollar software then trash it because it doesn't function well as a VMS...
As long as we are sticking to the facts there is no such thing as 750p.....if you are happy with the cameras and image that's fine...you know what they say, if you never had steak....the fact that someone was once selling them at 100 is meaningless...I can find you lots of cameras that are selling for 100 dollars that are complete junk...there is a reason they were discounted to 15......
One of the most important aspects of this forum for me is to point folks towards quality reasonably priced gear and to avoid a drawer full of junk cams...You dont have to take my advice...but no one suggested that free or low cost android apps can function as a vms.
if what your saying is true and thier is no such hing as 750p then every company that sells ip cameras are breaking consumer laws with misleading information

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
if what your saying is true and thier is no such hing as 750p then every company that sells ip cameras are breaking consumer laws with misleading information
I think you mean 720p....not 750....

Bradley Parsons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Regardless of if you use the wifi or not. The 6510 board, lens, ircut, network pigtail, ir illuminate and camera case retail for a lot more then 15.00 on ali express, buy in coin etc. You did not get ripped off as many have bought the same camera board with no ir cut no ir illumination for more then $15.00. It's the exact same camera board that's raved about in the TOP thread. Wifi support is dropped in later firmwares but that's no biggie, wire them up.