Frigate - gpu passthrough on Windows hyperv vm running proxmox

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Odd one but still here goes.
Got a few proxmox nodes in a cluster.
Have a back up one on a windows hyperv vm.
I have frigate as a backup to Blueiris.

Windows 10 server has a gtx970 for blue iris.

Is there anyway of sharing and passing the gpu resources through to that hyperv vm running frigate?

I know there is the coral usb tpu etc and not ideal to run porxmox on hyperv but had a couple of vms running perfectly for 2 years now mainly as failbacks.

Just struggled to get any instructions since the remotefx thing was removed for windows security reasons.

Thanks

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is just not working on my win 10 pro even after enabling the Remotefx option and rebooting

Add-VMRemoteFX3dVideoAdapter -VMName PVE3
WARNING: We no longer support the RemoteFX 3D video adapter. If you are still using this adapter, you may become vulnerable to security risks. Learn more (osoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2131976)
Add-VMRemoteFX3dVideoAdapter : Hyper-V was unable to find WMI object, Synthetic 3D Video Pool, to retrieve necessary information for this operation.
At line:1 char:1
  • Add-VMRemoteFX3dVideoAdapter -VMName PVE3
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: :)) [Add-VMRemoteFx3dVideoAdapter], VirtualizationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ObjectNotFound,Microsoft.HyperV.PowerShell.Commands.AddVMRemoteFX3dVideoAdapter
I believe this article refers to a windows vm and not linux lxc container guest on a windows host