Frustrated setting up system...

Discussion in 'Dahua' started by sssick, Dec 8, 2018 at 6:11 PM.

Share This Page

1. sssick

sssick n3wb

Hey guys. I recently purchased a new system from Andy to upgrade an old system. I have coax siamese cable run already, so Andy recommended the ePoE NVR and cameras so I can use the existing wiring.

I purchased a
    NVR-5216-16P4KS2E
    4 - HDW5231R-ZE IP cameras
    and LR1002 adapters to use the BNC connectors to ethernet.

I setup the whole system on my desk before I installed them on my house. Everything was working fine, I was able to view locally, and I was able to view it on my phone with iDMSS plus.

Here is my network setup:

Fios router on 192.168.1.1 with no DCHP with a Google wifi on 192.168.2.1, I changed the NVR to 192.168.2.200 and the NVR assigned the cameras 10.1.1.66-69. I unplugged everything about two weeks ago until I had some time to get them installed on the house.

Today, I mounted the first camera and when I went to test it I have nothing. NVR doesn't pickup the camera. I tried changing the NVR back to 192.168.1.1 to see if maybe the cameras reset themselves from being off for a few weeks. Still nothing. I did a factory reset on one, and nothing. I plugged one directly into the NVR thinking maybe these adapters are not working, nothing.

So upset and wasted a whole day trying to figure this out. Please help!

Thanks

2. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee IPCT Contributor

Are you sure the COAX is good and the LR1002 are good ?

Try getting an ethernet cable tested. Test with two LR1002 and the coax.

When you desk tested did you use the LR1002 and some coax ?

Test do not guess.

3. sssick

sssick n3wb

The old camera system was working when I installed the new system. But even if the coax was bad, I plugged in a camera directly into the NVR with ethernet, and it still won't recognize it.

4. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee IPCT Contributor

Are the cameras plugged into the same exact port on the NVR as they were when you initially set them up?
    Do a reset on the camera?

5. Valiant

Valiant Getting the hang of it

Is the NVR on the 192.168.1 network and what IP are you using ?. From your post, it seems you have a duplicate IP address. The router address is your gateway address.

6. EMPIRETECANDY

EMPIRETECANDY IPCT Vendor

NVR doesn't pickup the camera. Is the NVR can't pick up the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE or those old model cameras? POE NVR no need to make further IP address setting, it auto place ip address for the different cameras

7. sssick

sssick n3wb

Thanks guys, I got it working. SouthernYankee was correct, I guess the cameras have to be in the same port as when I set them up. I have 4 coax wires and they are all unmarked, so I had no idea which one the camera was on. I had to try each wire in all 4 ports to see if that would work. I got it on the 13th combination lol...thanks again.