Funny / Satire

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep. Channel 9 was the big one in my area. Plus, we used to work the skips and with my modulated mic, I was lucky enough to talk to people in Texas on a lot of nights (from SE Michigan). This one guy by the expressway, had the whole shot... beam antennas, illegal booster, modulated mic, etc... luckily he worked channel 19 yakking with the truckers because you didn't want to be too close to him on his channel when he ramped it up...
I bet his signal splattered the whole 11 meter band, along with portions of the 10 meter and 12 meter band. Most appliance user CBers with all the amps and such dont understand the concept of tuning your amp so you dont splatter over everything.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
My wife always knows when I am transmitting @ 100 watts on 80 meters. Her paper shredder turns on. My di-pole is cut perfectly and I dont even have to run a antenna tuner, as my SWR is 1:1. Something in the photo eye circuit of the paper shredder gets tickled when I key up, but only on 80 meters and only at 100 watts. :idk:

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
My wife always knows when I am transmitting @ 100 watts on 80 meters. Her paper shredder turns on. My di-pole is cut perfectly and I dont even have to run a antenna tuner, as my SWR is 1:1. Something in the photo eye circuit of the paper shredder gets tickled when I key up, but only on 80 meters and only at 100 watts. :idk:
We had one of those touch faucets in the kitchen that used to engage when I was on 80M - drove me nuts. Tried installing ferrite cores on the long cable that led to the battery pack which I was convinced was acting as an antenna - to no avail. Finally ended up getting rid of the faucet.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When I was a kid and CKLW radio in Ontario was a superstation (AM). I'd be working at my aunt's farm in Marlette, MI (around 80 miles from CKLW). I could go out by the cow wire (electrified fence) and hear the radio. No tuner, no speakers, nothing... just the wire playing the tunes...

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Confirmed. A 2nd Chinese spy balloon caused a train derailment. Sparks can be seen coming
from the balloon superstructure bigger than 4 school buses, ( they were the short bus variety)
as it ran down the tracks.

Unfortunately, an anonymous Air Force spokes man said " We had tracked that balloon since it
left Pittsburgh but, we lost it at the Ohio line".