Funny / Satire

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I used to work in a service station in Anaheim California. I was in the middle of a repair when
some "turistas" pulled up outside the shop, rolled down the window and shouted " Boy come here
we are lost and need directions". They kept shouting at me to come to them! I dropped my tools
disgusted from the car I was working on and now my rage was turned on them.

We were between Dizzyland and the Wax Museum and they wanted to go to San Diego, oh boy.
I sent them through town west about 5 miles. then North on the 605 to the 210 East. From the 210 East to 57 South.
57 South to the 5 South San Diego Freeway. BTW the 5 South or the San Diego Freeway was only about 1 mile North
of us! I hope they enjoyed the few extra 50-75 miles they did.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tell me about it....fractured my tailbone Saturday. Was mowing the dog area with a push mower and while stepping backwards tripped over a short tree stump and fell backwards, my ass hit first then the back of my head and clopped my teeth together.

Hard head? It's OK. Put a dent in the yard. My tailbone? X-ray yesterday shows a hairline fracture. And it hurts like the devil to sit or crouch to pick something off the floor, put on your shoes, etc.

Now I've got me a little donut cushion to sit on for the next 4 to 6 weeks. Yee haww!

Let's see, where's that bucket list....here it is. Let's see...ah, there it is..."Break tailbone"..OK, checked that off....next? :facepalm:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tell me about it....fractured my tailbone Saturday. Was mowing the dog area with a push mower and while stepping backwards tripped over a short tree stump and fell backwards, my ass hit first then the back of my head and clopped my teeth together.

Hard head? It's OK. Put a dent in the yard. My tailbone? X-ray yesterday shows a hairline fracture. And it hurts like the devil to sit or crouch to pick something off the floor, put on your shoes, etc.

Now I've got me a little donut cushion to sit on for the next 4 to 6 weeks. Yee haww!

Let's see, where's that bucket list....here it is. Let's see...ah, there it is..."Break tailbone"..OK, checked that off....next? :facepalm:
Now THAT^^^^^ is a real PITA! :lmao:

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I did that in my late 20's. Some idiot girl who wanted to get my attention pulled a chair out from under me while I was trying to sit down. 3 feet straight to the cement ground.
Watch your back in the future. I ended up with a whole list of problems with my lower back after that, ending with surgery 10 years later.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did that in my late 20's. Some idiot girl who wanted to get my attention pulled a chair out from under me while I was trying to sit down. 3 feet straight to the cement ground.
Watch your back in the future. I ended up with a whole list of problems with my lower back after that, ending with surgery 10 years later.
She got your attention and left an unforgettable impression in your mind for the rest of your life. I guess she got her goal accomplished in a way. Is she your wife now a days? That would be quite a love story! :lol:

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
She got your attention and left an unforgettable impression in your mind for the rest of your life. I guess she got her goal accomplished in a way. Is she your wife now a days? That would be quite a love story! :lol:
Nope. A friend, and co-worker yelled at her when coming to my aid/defense... she complained to HR and got HIM into trouble. I knew the owner, president, CEO, COO, etc.. and told them to reinstate that guy, apologize to him, and then to fire her. After hearing the real story of what happend (completely different than what she stated), she was fired and he was given a raise, apologized to, etc...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It could have been a lot worse...I have 2 herniated disks since 1987. Fell 10 feet from a pallet rack shelf that I climbed (instead of getting a ladder) and landed on concrete. Right now, that doesn't bother me! Go figure....:idk:

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It could have been a lot worse...I have 2 herniated disks since 1987. Fell 10 feet from a pallet rack shelf that I climbed (instead of getting a ladder) and landed on concrete. Right now, that doesn't bother me! Go figure....:idk:
That's what mine ended up being. A diskectomy on two levels, and then for fun they roto rootered the nerve canal due to that fun pain coming down the legs.
Of course, due to compression of the nerves for 10 years, I ended up with nerve problems in my feet. Basically I lost partial feeling in my feet... it's a weird sensation where it feels like I'm walking on ice (if I'm barefoot) all the time, regardless of what the actual surface is. I can't tell you how many times I have slipped on carpeted stairs over the years, as well as slipped on my wood floors, etc..

I can't recall the name of what I have anymore, I just live with it. There is a DR at a University who states he can possibly fix this, but I really don't want to go under the knife for something that only has a "chance" at fixing.
People think I'm crazy when I tell them what I have.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
3 back surgeries, the last has been the most fun. 2 rods 6 screws and getting old!
Now a medicine shortage, oh well TV sucks and the mower and weed wackers are killers.
Yes all are seductive killers as well as my Mustang that I need to work on. So this song
will be familiar to those with back problems too.:rofl:;)