Funny / Satire

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have Buccees here and have never been to one. What is the fascination? Guess I need to go......
I haven't been either but I've heard 2 things 1) lowest gas prices around and 2) a BUNCH of stuff to buy, depending on your likes...they have it all and it takes hours to go through (again, I heard). :cool:

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have Buccees here and have never been to one. What is the fascination? Guess I need to go......
Dude you have to try the Beaver Nuggets, LOL, on my trips out of town I had to get a bag for my grandkids.

Great Clean place to relief yourself, but if you are on a trip with the wife, stopping at Buc-ees just added 30-45 minutes to your trip...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I am going to vent, Buc-ees, at least the one in Madisonville, is so crowded at times their huge parking lots are full. What I have found is people will pull up to the 100 pumps and not sure if they are getting gas but they just park there, no one in the cars/trucks or anywhere around that I could see. My last trip I drove around all the pumps twice and could not get any gas.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I am going to vent, Buc-ees, at least the one in Madisonville, is so crowded at times their huge parking lots are full. What I have found is people will pull up to the 100 pumps and not sure if they are getting gas but they just park there, no one in the cars/trucks or anywhere around that I could see. My last trip I drove around all the pumps twice and could not get any gas.
Could be a line at the checkout....LOTS of people refuse to use (or don't have) a credit/debit card at the pump, I've been told.

Out here in the boonies they do that because they also go in to buy smokes/vapes and/or Coke/Dr. Pepper/Mt. Dew...gas for them and gas for the car/truck. It can be annoying, especially when you go in and they're jawing with the cashier or somebody for 5 minutes.......:facepalm::cool:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Could be a line at the checkout....LOTS of people refuse to use (or don't have) a credit/debit card at the pump, I've been told.

Out here in the boonies they do that because they also go in to buy smokes/vapes and/or Coke/Dr. Pepper/Mt. Dew...gas for them and gas for the car/truck. It can be annoying, especially when you go in and they're jawing with the cashier or somebody for 5 minutes.......:facepalm::cool:
Yeah, I thought they were parking there because of the covered parking, to get out of the heat. From what I searched, I am not the only one complaining, not sure what could be done about it though, Buc-ees would be foolish to address the issue.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just how many statements about the owners mental state can be made in just one picture? :rofl:

View attachment 172755
Wow...that's an old vanity plate.
They were embossed gold on blue when I got to CA in '74; Wikipedia says the gold on black were from '63 to '69.
:cool:
The driver is likely in mid 70's so it all fits.