Funny / Satire

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Boy howdy, ain't that the truth. I am semi-retired, but my employer keeps calling me in on my day off, because: The rest of the adults in the room can't be bothered to do their job correctly, won't get off their damn phone, don't give a shit about production deadlines or just plainly won't show up for work. When I have finally had enough, i'll just transition to full time retirement, with a 2 week notice.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Boy howdy, ain't that the truth. I am semi-retired, but my employer keeps calling me in on my day off, because: The rest of the adults in the room can't be bothered to do their job correctly, won't get off their damn phone, don't give a shit about production deadlines or just plainly won't show up for work. When I have finally had enough, i'll just transition to full time retirement, with a 2 week notice.
One of my 2 stepsons is 42 and has been a ER nurse in a major metro hospital for 12 years now. He says the "new batch" of RN's coming in, ages 22 to 30-something, can't handle the working hours or number of days in a schedule and just call-in or no-show whenever things get tough. All this does is increase the work load for those that are there, trying to do their jobs (the veteran RN's that are in the 40 to 60's). :confused:

Not all but proportionately TOO MANY of the latest gen kids can't hack it, don't want to hack it and couldn't care less. Hanging out with their friends is more important....not sure where they'll come up with the money to keep doing that though.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One of my 2 stepsons is 42 and has been a ER nurse in a major metro hospital for 12 years now. He says the "new batch" of RN's coming in, ages 22 to 30-something, can't handle the working hours or number of days in a schedule and just call-in or no-show whenever things get tough. All this does is increase the work load for those that are there, trying to do their jobs (the veteran RN's that are in the 40 to 60's). :confused:

Not all but proportionately TOO MANY of the latest gen kids can't hack it, don't want to hack it and couldn't care less. Hanging out with their friends is more important....not sure where they'll come up with the money to keep doing that though.
Gonna get even worse as the new crop will be raised on ChatGPT AI answering their questions in shcool