fuzzy picture at night

Qualitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
do you guys recommend running two analog cameras on cat 5 using a 5amp power supply what are some of the downfalls? currently experiencing low quality fizzy picture only at night once infrared kicks in only happens on one camera on the line other camera is fine not sure what’s causing it i replaced everything except the cable itself …..help

one cable two different cameras

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That appears to be a power related distortion, hum, to me. You could try a large ferrite bead style choke on the problem camera's power and/or video cables. Alternately, ditch the analogs and replace with digital, IP, based cameras and be done with it. I'd also change the clear camera angle to get that light out of the frame on the lower left of frame.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
do you guys recommend running two analog cameras on cat 5 using a 5amp power supply what are some of the downfalls? currently experiencing low quality fizzy picture only at night once infrared kicks in only happens on one camera on the line other camera is fine not sure what’s causing it i replaced everything except the cable itself …..help

one cable two different cameras
Hi Qualitech

Test with a new cat6 cable and appropriate connectors .. could be various issues .. this is why I always like to have an extra cable around to test with ..

Qualitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That appears to be a power related distortion, hum, to me. You could try a large ferrite bead style choke on the problem camera's power and/or video cables. Alternately, ditch the analogs and replace with digital, IP, based cameras and be done with it. I'd also change the clear camera angle to get that light out of the frame on the lower left of frame.
what is a ferrite bead style choke?