G1 series V5.5.60 firmware upgrade dissapeared

cables4me

n3wb
Reaction score
Saw a new version posted at Firmware - Hikvision UK & Ireland so thought I'd load it onto my DS-2CD2185FWD-IS (AAWR) , prev upgrades from hikvisioneurope had gone fine and I assumed those posted at the UK site would also work fine.

After the reboot things appear to be working but I noticed the firmware upgrade option has disappeared, tried Chrome, FF and PaleMoon all the same.

firmwaregone.PNG

Poked around in the cameras web page using "Inspect Element" and by changing the class from ng-hide to ng-scope for the lines in question got it display, unfortunately could get the "Browse" button to open up a window, didnt work for the "Import Config. File" either, and hit end of my abilities.

Camera is connected to the POE ports on a DS-7609NI-I2/8P and the whole system is supported by yours truly.

Any hints as to how I might be able to rollback or sort this mess out?

cables4me

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, for some reason I didnt seem to have pressed post after typing everything up the very next day.

Thanks for the tips.
As the NVR is in a crawl space I'd completely neglected the fact that I could logon locally, hence have access to the POE camera network, but since it would involve dragging up a mouse and screen it was put on the backburner.

The tip to use IE11 was a winner, downloaded the plugin and displayed the firmware options fine and the Browser button works. Because this works I have not downgraded anything and will use IE11 when next upgrading, I trust Hikvision will fix the issue for other browsers in future.