Gaps (Missing Data) in Recorded Video on Dahua NVR

Zachi Gigi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums...

I recently purchased two Dahua IP Cameras: 3MP IPC-K35AP and 4MP IPC-HFW4431R-Z.
I've also purchased a Dahua NVR4104-P-4KS2, which has 4 POE ports.

Both cameras are connected to the NVR, which I've set up to record 24/7.
It worth mentioning that the IPC-K35AP camera is used as an indoor camera, while the IPC-HFW4431R-Z is used as an outdoor camera, to monitor my driveway.

Both cameras are powered by the POE ports of the NVR.

I'm currently using IVS Tripwire detection on one of the cameras only (IPC-HFW4431R-Z).
I've set up the IVS Tripwire to 'Record Video' and 'Snapshot' on Tripwire crossing.

In addition, I'm using iDMSS iOS software to connect and watch my cameras/recordings through my iPhone, as well as getting Push Notifications when an alarm (tripwire) has been activated.

I have the system up and running for a few days now, without any major problems.

I recently noticed that whenever an IVS Tripwire Event is activated, I DO get a Push Notification, followed by a short Video recording of the event, but shortly after the event ends (tripwire clear), the Video Recording STOPS and the NVR continues recording again only 2-3 minutes (!!!) later.
This results in 'Missing Video Recording Chunks/Blocks' evertime an IVS Tripwire event occurs.
Watching my 'Playback' scroll/history, it shows many missing video chunks...

It's driving me crazy...Anybody knows what might be causing it?
Any chance that when 'IVS Event' occurs, it somehow interrupts the regular recording?

Any advice/help will be highly appreciated.

Additional Info:
IPC-K35AP, configured to 1080P with 25FPS, 4096Kbps Bitrate
IPC-HFW4431R-Z configured to 4MP resolution with 20FPS, 4096Kbps Bitrate
NVR 'Pack Duration' is set to 60 min.

Zachi.

jmulvihill

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums...

I recently purchased two Dahua IP Cameras: 3MP IPC-K35AP and 4MP IPC-HFW4431R-Z.
I've also purchased a Dahua NVR4104-P-4KS2, which has 4 POE ports.

Both cameras are connected to the NVR, which I've set up to record 24/7.
It worth mentioning that the IPC-K35AP camera is used as an indoor camera, while the IPC-HFW4431R-Z is used as an outdoor camera, to monitor my driveway.

Both cameras are powered by the POE ports of the NVR.

I'm currently using IVS Tripwire detection on one of the cameras only (IPC-HFW4431R-Z).
I've set up the IVS Tripwire to 'Record Video' and 'Snapshot' on Tripwire crossing.

In addition, I'm using iDMSS iOS software to connect and watch my cameras/recordings through my iPhone, as well as getting Push Notifications when an alarm (tripwire) has been activated.

I have the system up and running for a few days now, without any major problems.

I recently noticed that whenever an IVS Tripwire Event is activated, I DO get a Push Notification, followed by a short Video recording of the event, but shortly after the event ends (tripwire clear), the Video Recording STOPS and the NVR continues recording again only 2-3 minutes (!!!) later.
This results in 'Missing Video Recording Chunks/Blocks' evertime an IVS Tripwire event occurs.
Watching my 'Playback' scroll/history, it shows many missing video chunks...

It's driving me crazy...Anybody knows what might be causing it?
Any chance that when 'IVS Event' occurs, it somehow interrupts the regular recording?

Any advice/help will be highly appreciated.

Additional Info:
IPC-K35AP, configured to 1080P with 25FPS, 4096Kbps Bitrate
IPC-HFW4431R-Z configured to 4MP resolution with 20FPS, 4096Kbps Bitrate
NVR 'Pack Duration' is set to 60 min.

Zach

jmulvihill

n3wb
Reaction score
I can’t believe that after 3yrs no one has addressed this issue. I just had the same problem. I reduced the chunk size thinking it would make it better for navigation of recorded video, but believe it causes loss of video. Going to increase the chunk storage to see if there are fewer losses.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can’t believe that after 3yrs no one has addressed this issue. I just had the same problem. I reduced the chunk size thinking it would make it better for navigation of recorded video, but believe it causes loss of video. Going to increase the chunk storage to see if there are fewer losses.
I can believe that in three years you never did a forum search which discusses this issue and the solution. Some posted by the OP in this thread.