Gas prices

Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for... Those who leave the commie state are so unaware that their zeal for leftist politics was the cause of the decline, and bring their votes to more conservative areas where they try to enact the same policies, spreading the misery.
A friend of mine here in TX has a t-shirt she wears once a week that states "Don't California my Texas".

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Prices range from $4.77 to $4.95 here in NJ today. $5.00 probably by tomorrow morning at the stations on the main highways and everywhere by Wednesday, if we're that lucky.

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Well we broke the record for this area today, just saw $5.08 per gal for 87 octane.
This didn't need to be. We needed to keep the USA energy independent and have finished the pipeline by now. So now we gave the Taliban millions in military equipment and death of American soldiers, War in Ukraine, largest influx of illegal immigrants ever, and stopped domestic energy permits to have the highest gas price hike in history.

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have an old Yukon XL. It's not primary transportation for anyone in the family but we take it camping, and use it for utility things. Took it out to Lowes to get some things for a project I was working on. It had a 1/4 tank so I filled it up. The bill was over $100 for the gas, but the shocking thing was that two pieces of 1/2 inch plywood was more expensive!

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Out here in Northern California we got PG&E and they keep raising electric bills to probably one of the highest in the nation if not the highest...

Also Governor Nuisance is quiet while PG&E and CPUC is trying to push for Solar Tax.... now..

I think they were purposing like $8 a kw ..

So for ex if someone has 10 kw system that be $80 a month just on solar tax.. for roof top solar..

I knew that was coming sooner or later. Wait till Brandon has a majority of people switched over to EV's. He is gonna drop the tax hammer big time on federal taxes on electricity. Hide and watch.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I knew that was coming sooner or later. Wait till Brandon has a majority of people switched over to EV's. He is gonna drop the tax hammer big time on federal taxes on electricity. Hide and watch.
Exactly. The electrical infrastructure will have to be upgraded and that will be the excuse for a big tax increase.

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Except pretty much every EV battery/motor on the market has at least an 8 year / 100,000 mile warranty on it. The coolant system of my 2014 electric Ford Focus leaked into the battery around 120,000 miles which bricked the car. My anti-EV dad gave me a hard time about how electric cars were crap, but kinda moved on when I asked him how many miles his brand new Ram 1500 had on it when he had the HEMI replaced due to constant problems (16,000 miles). I fixed the battery myself by draining the coolant out, cleaning the compartment, and repairing the lines for about $50 in parts. Ford wanted $5,000 for a replacement battery. Car is still going strong with over 170,000 miles on the original battery. The ONLY maintenance I've done on the car besides the battery fix is tire changes and cabin air filter. Still on original brake pads even. Seeing roughly 10-15% range loss on the car at 170,000 miles. It's nowhere near "useless" yet.

My wife's 2020 Nissan Leaf which was bought new is at 60,000 miles with zero maintenance and no noticeable battery degradation.

Both cars cost about 2.5 - 3.5 cents per mile to drive and she charges for free at work, so her actual cost is 1.25 - 1.75 cents per mile.

So I'm not sure who you're talking to about what it's like to own an electric vehicle, but there's my 8 year, 230,000 mile summary.

Edit to add: and don't forget the $15,000 I've saved in taxes buying electric cars. We love tax cuts, right? EVs provide a big one.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Except pretty much every EV battery/motor on the market has at least an 8 year / 100,000 mile warranty on it. The coolant system of my 2014 electric Ford Focus leaked into the battery around 120,000 miles which bricked the car. My anti-EV dad gave me a hard time about how electric cars were crap, but kinda moved on when I asked him how many miles his brand new Ram 1500 had on it when he had the HEMI replaced due to constant problems (16,000 miles). I fixed the battery myself by draining the coolant out, cleaning the compartment, and repairing the lines for about $50 in parts. Ford wanted $5,000 for a replacement battery. Car is still going strong with over 170,000 miles on the original battery. The ONLY maintenance I've done on the car besides the battery fix is tire changes and cabin air filter. Still on original brake pads even. Seeing roughly 10-15% range loss on the car at 170,000 miles. It's nowhere near "useless" yet.

My wife's 2020 Nissan Leaf which was bought new is at 60,000 miles with zero maintenance and no noticeable battery degradation.

Both cars cost about 2.5 - 3.5 cents per mile to drive and she charges for free at work, so her actual cost is 1.25 - 1.75 cents per mile.

So I'm not sure who you're talking to about what it's like to own an electric vehicle, but there's my 8 year, 230,000 mile summary.

Edit to add: and don't forget the $15,000 I've saved in taxes buying electric cars. We love tax cuts, right? EVs provide a big one.
Do you park any of your EV cars in the garage?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Same here. In the garage every night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Schumer attacking Trump that gas was $3.12 / galloon in 2018 ... where is Schumer now???

" .. up and up the average in New York State .. is now $3.12 .. higher than $3 .. that's really high .. prices are going through the roof .. and yet the Trump administration .. "

Now where is the current Administration on this???

Schumer Talks Gas Prices
Jun 3, 2018

CBS New York
Sen. Charles Schumer talks gas prices.

1654553111219.png

1654553488706.png
1654553528950.png