Gas prices

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How is your scenario analogous to the topic we're talking about? So Biden is Randy supposedly (even though oil production has INCREASED under biden, not come to a halt or even slowed down like the traffic jam story. How about the rest of your "analogy"? Who or what do the state troopers, tow truck, firefighters, etc represent?
Hi @qflyer .. I am certain you can figure it out .. if not, then I understand why you think Biden is so amazing ..

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi @qflyer .. I am certain you can figure it out .. if not, then I understand why you think Biden is so amazing ..
No, you see, what you posted isn't an analogy. It's a silly made up story that only simple-minded fools would relate to world gas prices. So go on...explain the elements of your analogy. Prove me wrong. You can start by explaining how a traffic jam relates to oil production INCREASING under biden.

While you're at it, explain why you think I think Biden is so amazing. I've stated within the last page or two that I'm no fan of biden and his policies. I think the disconnect is that you equate "trump sucked" with "biden is awesome". It's possible for someone to call out both parties for being shit.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll make this a simple as possible for you so maybe you'll understand but I doubt you will.

If the current resident of the White House were Donald J Trump instead of Joe Bribem what would you be saying about inflation and energy prices? The person sitting behind the Resolute Desk, unfortunately the wrong person right now, is responsible for the overall trajectory of the Nation and the policies that guide that trajectory. Unfortunately this guy can't see the forest for the trees. He's rapidly running out of other people and things to blame for his own policy mistakes and incompetency.

Last edited:

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'll make this a simple as possible for you so maybe you'll understand but I doubt your will.

If the current resident of the White House were Donald J Trump instead of Joe Bribem what would you be saying about inflation and energy prices? The person sitting behind the Resolute Desk, unfortunately the wrong person right now, is responsible for the overall trajectory of the Nation and the policies that guide that trajectory. Unfortunately this guy can't see the forest for the trees. He's rapidly running out of other people and things to blame for his own policy mistakes and incompetency.
I would say that Trump's policies certainly contributed to the inflation we're seeing today, just as Biden's policies have. Energy prices? Nah, Trump didn't do shit for gas prices and neither has Biden. Oil is traded on markets all over the world. It's a global commodity, and one person isn't responsible for prices.

Let me put it a way maybe you can understand, but I doubt you will. Under Trump, unemployment skyrocketed to 15%. Was Trump responsible for that?

Here's another: Under Trump, the price of lumber skyrocketed. Was he responsible?

We can do this all day.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I would say that Trump's policies certainly contributed to the inflation we're seeing today, just as Biden's policies have. Energy prices? Nah, Trump didn't do shit for gas prices and neither has Biden. Oil is traded on markets all over the world. It's a global commodity, and one person isn't responsible for prices.

Let me put it a way maybe you can understand, but I doubt you will. Under Trump, unemployment skyrocketed to 15%. Was Trump responsible for that?

Here's another: Under Trump, the price of lumber skyrocketed. Was he responsible?

We can do this all day.
I would say Gab kicked your ass off their site. What the hell did you do to get kicked off of there? Posted nekid pictures of Torbas wife??

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why do you guys continue to feed this troll? You are not going to change a liberal's mind. It can't be done. You are wasting your time and getting frustrated, which is just what it wants. No matter what you say, no matter how you present your facts, no matter how much you dumb down your argument for it, it will still just spout gibberish and repeat its inane comments.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree with not feeding the troll. I did want to say something about the drop in fuel prices the last week or so, which has nothing to with any person's recent actions IMO. The fuel supply system is big. A couple of years ago it was pretty much at equilibrium. Then Biden introduced a big shock and the system reacted, and because it's so big, it's still reacting. When there's a shock introduced there's usually an overshoot before equilibrium is reestablished. It happens with stock prices, exchange rates, and when a car hits a bump. If the prices a week or two ago were the peak of the overshoot, then backing off is inevitable. There are a lot of inputs to the system: Supply and demand being two of them. The oil companies are still adjusting to the supply end of it, and users are slowly changing the demand. Have we seen the biggest overshoot? I wouldn't pretend to know except in hindsight.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with not feeding the troll. I did want to say something about the drop in fuel prices the last week or so, which has nothing to with any person's recent actions IMO. The fuel supply system is big. A couple of years ago it was pretty much at equilibrium. Then Biden introduced a big shock and the system reacted, and because it's so big, it's still reacting. When there's a shock introduced there's usually an overshoot before equilibrium is reestablished. It happens with stock prices, exchange rates, and when a car hits a bump. If the prices a week or two ago were the peak of the overshoot, then backing off is inevitable. There are a lot of inputs to the system: Supply and demand being two of them. The oil companies are still adjusting to the supply end of it, and users are slowly changing the demand. Have we seen the biggest overshoot? I wouldn't pretend to know except in hindsight.
Yes, spot on with this @tigerwillow1 :

I've started to notice this as I spend more time watching the price of Oil and other Commodities due to news...

"When there's a shock introduced there's usually an overshoot before equilibrium is reestablished. It happens with stock prices, exchange rates, and when a car hits a bump." - tigerwillow

Last edited:

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
“A couple years ago it was pretty much at equilibrium”? LOL, you mean during a worsening pandemic and shut downs?

You guys are hilarious.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Oil from U.S. reserves sent overseas as gasoline prices stay high | Reuters

HOUSTON, July 5 (Reuters) - More than 5 million barrels of oil that were part of a historic U.S. emergency reserves release to lower domestic fuel prices were exported to Europe and Asia last month, according to data and sources, even as U.S. gasoline and diesel prices hit record highs.

The export of crude and fuel is blunting the impact of the moves by U.S. President Joe Biden to lower record pump prices. Biden on Saturday renewed a call for gasoline suppliers to cut their prices, drawing criticism from Amazon founder Jeff Bezos. read more

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Biden can't get a sentence out without using the wrong words or inventing new ones, gibberish. Then, when he has a teleprompter, reads the instructions along with his "speech".
I can’t wait until the end of the year when Webster comes out with the latest new words.

I wonder if Hunter has ties to Webster and he gives 10% to the big guy?

Reaction score

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Why do you guys continue to feed this troll? You are not going to change a liberal's mind. It can't be done. You are wasting your time and getting frustrated, which is just what it wants. No matter what you say, no matter how you present your facts, no matter how much you dumb down your argument for it, it will still just spout gibberish and repeat its inane comments.
Because it is Saturday, it's been raining cats and dogs and I am stuck inside the house, bored. It's fun watching someone poke the troll with a stick on occasion. It's not often we get fresh meat in here to taunt.....:lol: (No trolls were harmed in the making of this statement)

Reaction score
^^ It is not so strange that one might need to be recharged by a mobile service car. So the guy made a miscalculation on how far he could go. Folks run out of gas all the time. Then they need to hoof it to a gas station and get some in a gas can. Or they call AAA and get a gallon delivered.
This is really not any different.

Reaction score
This may be an unpopular point of view, but I really think that years from now, most personal transportation will be electric powered. I doubt that I will see it in my lifetime, but it is going to happen. I can also expect that heavy trucking will be all electric, what with the higher torque of the electric motors.

The free market will make this happen over time. Charging will become quicker. Charging stations will appear since there is money to be made. Batteries will become better. I recently read about solid state batteries which are safer, hold more power per pound and are more easily recycled. Just right now they are very expensive to produce, but over time that cost will come down.

For what little mileage we do in and around town, when my 2012 BMW is time to be replaced (that is what we use around town, not for trips), I will definitely consider an electric. Heck we barely put on 100-200 miles in a week.

What I don't like is the present administration attempting to FORCE the USA into EVs by dismantling the oil and gas industry. Just leave things alone and over time the economy will do it.

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Other than the fact that's it's a carbon powered generator, gee ain't that amazing, being carried on a carbon powered truck to recharge a nice "green" vehicle.
I haven't looked up the article to see the details (it probably doesn't say anyways) but if their goal is to charge 15 miles in 10 minutes, it's not an AC generator. It's a DC fast charge coming from a battery bank.

I'm always entertained at how concerned about the environment people are regarding EVs. You suddenly care about emissions, coal power, the earth, etc. despite not caring one bit about any of that when it comes to that 14 MPG Suburban sitting in your driveway. More double standards...