Generic NVR- wont let me delete cameras

reason

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem that I have found similar threads on but with a different NVR.

I purchased a “generic NVR”
DVR SECURITY SOLUTIONS FOR HOME AND BUSINESS

It has no book and it is doing what others have reported here that Hikvision NVR’s do where one cannot delete a camera. I need to add my Vivotek cameras to this NVR and have no luck deleting the 8 hikvision cameras that were on there before. I get the “no camera for deletion” type message others have reported.

I can access my Vivotek cameras on the software utility that came with them on a browser so they are working.

I have read something about a sadap tool but that is for hikvision NVR’s.

This video tells me how to set a static ip for my Vivotek cameras:

Is this what folks do with the sadap tool?

I can click the edit icon in the NVR interface and click manual but dont know what to do from there or if there is a way to delete these 8 cameras with plug and play still enabled.

Can someone kindly advise me?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision NVR’s do where one cannot delete a camera.
With an 8-channel NVR with 8 PoE ports the channels are all fully associated with a PoE port.
So in this case to 'add' a camera - you 'modify' one of these pre-existing ports, the one the camera is plugged in to.
On a 16 channel NVR with 8 PoE ports - you can 'add' up to 8 cameras on the LAN that are not connected to an NVR PoE port.

I can click the edit icon in the NVR interface and click manual but dont know what to do from there or if there is a way to delete these 8 comeras with plug and play still enabled.
Maybe on this NVR you also do what is done on the Hikvision NVR - 'modify' the pre-existing channel that the new camera is plugged in to.

reason

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe on this NVR you also do what is done on the Hikvision NVR - 'modify' the pre-existing channel that the new camera is plugged in to.
Thanks for the reply. Now by “modify” I assume that means I have to deselect ‘plug and play’ and then manually set the ip address and camera manufacturer etc?