Geofence not working on latest iOS version

OneKnight

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought a full licence today.

Everything checks out so far, except the Geofence feature in iOS.

You can set the Geofence radius to anything you like in the app and tap on 'Done' and when you go back, it is marked as 'Off' again.

I noticed the app never asks for location access when you set it up, so it looks like there is a bug here.

If you go to 'Settings >> Privacy >> Location Services >> Blue Iris >> Allow location access', you will see it only has one option, 'Never', which is unchecked. If you check it and then go back one screen, it indicates it as 'Never', and when you tap on that again, now all of a sudden all three the location access options are available. Tapping on 'Always' does not make a difference, as it doesn't stick. If you switch to Blue Iris, and then back again to Location Services, it reverts to the unchecked 'Never' option.

I am logged in via the app as an admin, and am on the latest version of iOS and the Blue Iris server. I also tested this on two different iPhones and the result was the same.

Anyone else seeing this?

slab

n3wb
Reaction score
Same problem here. Exactly as you described. Broke after IOS 11 update. Tested on iPhone and iPad. Similiar location service issues here as well. Probably need BI IOS App fix.
Location not working after IOS11.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a known issue....email support..there is a thread discussing it.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is a new iOS update released today that addresses this issue.