Geofencing

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm excited about this technology--it further automates BI for the better. Not sure when we'll get Android support--but I'm looking forward to it ;)

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Same here! The Android app definitely needs to catch up with the iOS app though!

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've installed BI desktop version 3.50.06 and have the latest BI Android app (4/22/2014). Does anyone have geofencing working properly? I have the enter/exit info set on the desktop and a perimeter set on the device, but it doesn't appear to switch schedules when I leave/enter the perimeter (25 meters from server). The push notification doesn't seem to work either. The only success I've had is with the "play a sound" setting. I can get the desktop to sound off when I leave/enter the geofence.

Amelee

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you figure this out yet? I have the same problem - not sure if I am doing it right. I have the latest update and am using the iphone app.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Note my first post in this thread. I am no longer excited about this technology....not working for me yet :-(

rond

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get geofencing with android to accurately report inside and outside. Mine is not consistent.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get geofencing with android to accurately report inside and outside. Mine is not consistent.
Haven't tried it in a month or so, but wasn't working last time I checked.

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nope... still doesn't work. Won't report inside or outside on an Android device.

Reaction score
Bumping this thread as I am having issues with geofencing being erratic with the android platform.

I have received a couple push notifications but other than that this option seems to not work as good as I had hoped.

Has anyone else had any luck using geofence with android?

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It has been working for me. The only issue I seem to have is entering the geofence. It's sometimes a little slow to update when I get home but it's quick to update to outside when I leave.

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Samsung Note 3 that seems to work fine with Geofencing. My wife has the Droid Maxx, and it no longer registers entering or exiting. What changed?!?!?!

cptlo306

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been having problems too with geofencing on the Android app. I've tried it on multiple phones and all seem to experience the following problems:

1. Registering as leaving geofence despite phone sitting on a desk and not being moved at all.
2. Triggering geofencing even if the geofence radius setting in the app is set to off.

This is very frustrating and has me looking at alternatives to Blue Iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been having problems too with geofencing on the Android app. I've tried it on multiple phones and all seem to experience the following problems:

1. Registering as leaving geofence despite phone sitting on a desk and not being moved at all.
2. Triggering geofencing even if the geofence radius setting in the app is set to off.

This is very frustrating and has me looking at alternatives to Blue Iris.
Welcome to the forum. Alternatives to BI dont have geofencing.
increase your radius a bit

cptlo306

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Alternatives to BI dont have geofencing.
increase your radius a bit
Thanks. I've tried using both 50m and 100m with similar results. I'll bump it up to 400m and see how that works.