Geofencing

stevekelso

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question about the Geofence option I cant get it working ??

I have the Latest updates on both the software & IPhone 5 , I went into the software checked my phone in the list opened the geofence option and checked the top one
But on my phone the option for the geofence is greyed out ????
I just cant seem to get this working any help would be appreciated
Thanks..
Steve

3.49.00 - March 9, 2014

Geofencing is now
supported in conjunction with upcoming iOS client app release 1.11. If location
services and geofencing are enabled within the app, the app will notify the
server whenever the device leaves or enters a specified location.

• The options/mobile page
    will now show the geofence status for each device, either inside, outside, or
    unknown. You may specify a number of actions to be performed as a device enters
    or exits its geofence region. These actions include changing the traffic signal
    icon, the active profile, the schedule preset, as well as triggering a camera,
    sending a push notification, running a script or simply playing a sound on the
    PC. Actions may be performed when individual devices enter/exit or when all
    devices have entered/exited.
  • The web server supports a
    rotating-session key to allow for quicker reconnects--especially useful for the
    geofence updates!
  • The camera Sound alert may
    now be played through a chosen sound device if you have more than one.

• Multiple Flash encoding
    profiles may be configured on the Camera/Webcast
    page

Lifesport

n3wb
Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread/question. But I couldn't find an answer to the same problem, my android phone didn't have Geofence listed under the settings tab. I figured out that on the Blue Iris server you need the phone app user to be an admin. So BI Options->Users, highlight the user, click Edit.. In the Access box make sure the Administrator check box is checked. Click Ok and and try again.

Reaction score
Thank you @Lifesport!
Your reply has helped me significantly. I have been feeling ripped off after my BI purchase as Geofencing was a key feature I was after.
I wish BI's help documentation was far more helpful, indepth and up-to-date.

Do you know if the user must remain an admin for the geofencing to work?
Does each user have to setup their own geofence in the app, or is there one geofence per server and once one user sets the geofence up, that geofence applies to all app users logging into the server?

Thanks heaps!
Phil.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you @Lifesport!
Your reply has helped me significantly. I have been feeling ripped off after my BI purchase as Geofencing was a key feature I was after.
I wish BI's help documentation was far more helpful, indepth and up-to-date.

Do you know if the user must remain an admin for the geofencing to work?
Does each user have to setup their own geofence in the app, or is there one geofence per server and once one user sets the geofence up, that geofence applies to all app users logging into the server?

Thanks heaps!
Phil.
You feel ripped off by blue iris? 60 dollars for this incredible software? Do you realize that anything else on this level is 50-150 PER camera? and most dont have geofencing? Have you bothered to email support?
You are lying why you state "Geofencing was a key feature I was after" there is no way in hell you knew the feature even existed - particularly since you posted about looking at buying blue iris in jan 2016 - almost two years ago...
IF admin rights are required its likely because can be changed based on geofencing..the rest is self explanatory.

Lifesport

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if Admin rights are still needed after geofence is setup. I might play with that a bit later.
I'm trying to figure out why connecting to my vehicles wi-fi will immediately place me inside the geofence radius. I thought geofence was based solely off GPS location, but this would be it for another thread.
Glad I could help out!