Geovision ADR1300- IP Camera not working through switch/router ports

rifaazeem

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

If anyone could assist me on this issue will be much appreciated.

situation
cable from camera to Rack side ( aprox 120 meters) but it has separate power source nearby the camera, when connecting directly to the laptop its working and pinging without even 1 drop out.

but when i connect it through switch (POE/non PoE) and router port and try to access through laptop its not working.

couldnt understood the problem. anyone can explain please.

Switch unmanage and router ports also unmanage.

we tried using Poe extender & POE injector as well but couldnt understood the problem since its working direcly to the laptop.

anyone there to assist on this please

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Check the cable for continuity. Sounds like either a bad RJ termination or a bad cable. 568B is the preferred termination method.

rifaazeem

n3wb
Reaction score
Check the cable for continuity. Sounds like either a bad RJ termination or a bad cable. 568B is the preferred termination method.
Yes, we tested it. and its working direclty with laptop also.but not through switch or router ports.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You can't even ping it when it's on the switch? Is the PC plugged directly into the switch or is it on the router? A simple diagram would help.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Again, are the PC and camera on the switch or is one, or the other, on the router. The description "switch/router" isn't specific unless you're using a provider connected switch/router/modem.

rifaazeem

n3wb
Reaction score
Again, are the PC and camera on the switch or is one, or the other, on the router. The description "switch/router" isn't specific unless you're using a provider connected switch/router/modem.

what i mean is i tried to connect through TP link router port and i tried to use planet POE switch port as well.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, that explains how the connections are being made. I assume, and that can lead to trouble, that the "rack" means a patch panel?

rifaazeem

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, that explains how the connections are being made. I assume, and that can lead to trouble, that the "rack" means a patch panel?

Nop, i just mentioned Rack where all the cables are coming and terminated direcly with RJ 45 connectors.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, obviously the problem involves the switch/router. Can you see the camera as connected in the management interface of that?

rifaazeem

n3wb
Reaction score
You have tried different port on the switch/router, right?

yes,.. but one thing when we try the camera directly with switch with around 20 meters cable.. its working

if the lenght is the problem its shouldnt work direclty with laptop also rite, but its working.

this is so confused issue for us,..

please help on this.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
20 meters, unless you have really, really, poor cable, shouldn't be an issue. To be honest, I'm stumped at this point beyond there's a problem at the switch/router. If you have another switch/router to try, or can borrow one for testing, that is the only thing left I can think of.

rifaazeem

n3wb
Reaction score
20 meters, unless you have really, really, poor cable, shouldn't be an issue. To be honest, I'm stumped at this point beyond there's a problem at the switch/router. If you have another switch/router to try, or can borrow one for testing, that is the only thing left I can think of.
really thanks for ur prompt responses.

and we tried almost 3 different switches.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the manufacturer and model of the switch? Is the camera IP on the same subnet that the switch is using for DHCP?

rifaazeem

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes switch is manageable , but the router port is not manage ports.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
If I understand your drawing and what you are saying, The first run from your cam to your "RACK" is 120 Meters? Thats near 400' and is really pushing the power and data capabilities of a setup on a good day with excellent wiring. You in fact might have too long of a run. POE spec is usually 328'