Getting audio with 2231

Lyngtoft

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

So I recently started my venture into ip cams, and have three IPC-HDBW2231 connected to a server for recording. Now I didn't think I needed/wanted audio but turns out I would like it on at least one of the cams.

I can see dahua also has some external microphones, but I don't think I can attach them to the Cams. So what options do I have?

1. Buy a new 5231 and place that where I want audio
Or
2. Buy some random pc microphone, but can I link that to the camera if it's just straight to the pc sound card?
Or
3.??

Thanks

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A6003 med Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I recently started my venture into ip cams, and have three IPC-HDBW2231 connected to a server for recording. Now I didn't think I needed/wanted audio but turns out I would like it on at least one of the cams.

I can see dahua also has some external microphones, but I don't think I can attach them to the Cams. So what options do I have?

1. Buy a new 5231 and place that where I want audio
Or
2. Buy some random pc microphone, but can I link that to the camera if it's just straight to the pc sound card?
Or
3.??

Thanks

you will need to buy a camera with audio...running a mic back to the computer is a pain and inefficient...move 2231 elsewhere.

Lyngtoft

n3wb
Reaction score
you will need to buy a camera with audio...running a mic back to the computer is a pain and inefficient...move 2231 elsewhere.
Thanks, just wanted to be sure there wasn't some smart option I didn't know about

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Based on looking at the spec sheet, I'd say that camera does not have an audio input. If the camera did have an audio input, I'd recommend the mic below. I'm running a few of them and find their performance fairly equal to the built in mic in my HDW-4231 cameras. It needs 12 volt power.
Microseven IP Cameras