Getting Axis M3045-V IP camera to work with Hikvision nvr-208m-a/8p NVR

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone could help me, im stuggling to get my axis M3045-V camera to work with my Hikvision NVR, they both support ONVIF, this is my first time setting up ip cameras and ive tried everything i can think of with no joy, im still getting (network unreachable) notice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Steven

e007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi.

If the NVR tells that the network is unreachable check it's connection to local network and that the camera is accessible from the network the NVR is connected.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i can login to the NVR fine through an ip address, if i connect the camera to the router direct this is also fine its when i then connect the camera to the NVR and i get the network unreachable problem on camera 1 which is what this is connected to, if i keep the camera list up on the NVR and plug the camera back into the router, the NVR finds it at the bottom but when i try and add it, it just says no more ip camera allowed.

at the bottom it finds the camera with 2 different ip address, 1 using ONVIF protocol and one with axis protocol, the axis protocol is the ip address assigned by the router

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To add an ONVIF camera to a POE port on a Hikvision NVR:

On the NVR web GUI, select the channel that you want to connect the camera in to.
Change the Mode of the channel to Manual instead of Plug and Play, set the protocol to ONVIF, set the username/password needed for ONVIF access to the camera.
Set the Port to the ONVIF port of the camera. This may be 80, but could be different. It can be checked using ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) by inspecting the URL at the bottom of the Identification page.
Note down the IP address that the chosen NVR POE channel has been configured to use for access to the camera. By default it's likely to be something like 192.168.254.x
With the camera connected to the LAN/router, set the camera IP address to match what you noted above. Set the default gateway to that of the NVR POE interface, by default usually 192.168.254.1 Set the camera DNS value to that of your LAN router/gateway.

Disconnect the camera from the LAN, and plug it into the chosen NVR POE port.
Wait while it boots and the NVR finds it, then check Live View.
It should appear.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help i will give this a go, i have managed to download some axis software which can login to the NVR to see if its compatible, its coming back to say the NVR doesnt support profile S ONVIF which the camera does so i dont think its going to work

Rob Pionk

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this is a fairly old post, but since I was having a similar issue with an Axis m3045-v and a Hikvision DS-7608 NVR I found this thread while trying to resolve my problem. The NVR would try to connect and there would be a "username or password is wrong" error.

What solved my problem is a setting on the ONVIF page of the camera. What I ended up doing was going into the settings and on the SYSTEM tab, click on ONVIF. On the ONVIF page there will be a User List. Initially mine was blank. So while the username and password I entered on the Hikvision page was correct, since I was connecting with ONVIF, I had to add a user to the user list, then input these credentials in the Hikvision NVR.

Voila, connected and recording. Not sure if that will in any way help but I thought it might be worth a shot. I've never had to do this for a 3rd party camera before, maybe I've just been lucky!