getting interrupts in BI, can it be because of variable stream when no movement is there?

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have some problems with my Hikvision camera.
I added them to Blue Iris, but I often get "no signal", it appears the feed is interupted.
Ping to the camera works fine and i set BI watchdog to restart the camera window after 2 timeouts and the timeout period of 20 seconds.
That works but why do i get interrupts of the video feed anyway?

Is it possible the video gets interrupted because nothing is moving and the camera is setting the frame rate automatically so low BI thinks the feed is interrupted?
Is this even possible even though I set the current time with seconds in the top left corner, which should generate a new image every second?

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, it is connected to LAN and PoE, from the PoE switch to one PC is a direct LAN connection, from the PoE switch to my laptop is a Powerline connection.
The interrupts happen on both the PC (wired connection via Switch to camera) as well on my Powerline connected laptop.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Test do not guess !
take the camera down and use a short (1-6ft) premade store purchase cable and connect the camera directly to the POE switch. Connect the BI computer directly to the POE switch. TEST.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you actually getting No Signal as in you don't see video, or is it tagging a No signal in the Camera Status yet you still see the video?

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BI is displaying "no Signal" with I think the last image received from the camera, where then the watchdog kicks in and restarts the BI interface to the camera (showing the colored test screen) and then BI shows the camera picture again as nothing were wrong.

The weird thing is, currently everything is normal again, I get no interrupts. But also currently it is a bit windy, at that time where I had the issues there was no wind and therefore no movement.