Getting old Annke-Cameras working with Hikvision NVR

mbrandhu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there!
I'm a new member and try to solve a problem, but so far without success.

I installed an Annke-System arround my house with eight I41GD-Cameras, which are detected in SADP-Tool as DS-2CD3T10D-I3, so obviously made by hikvision but with a very bad programmed firmware. This firmware is just awful and uses flash. Jesus, why! No Onvif.
1657120385110.png
1657120399178.png

The Annke-NVR was always a pile of crap and now finally died completly. This thing was always slow and unstable, but the biggest surprise was it killed my complete network at home. Took me a long time to find out what periodly killed my whole network. God was I happy when I figured it out. When the NVR restarts my complete LAN-Infrastructure was completly unuseable and dead. Within the last few months the unit got more and more unstable, it kept rebooting (and so shut down my network periodly) and wont start. Or sometimes it started after uncountable reboots and then throws out a bunch of HDD-Fault mails. So this thing was cooked. Gladly.

I then got a EZVIZ-NVR and it worked flawlessly, it detected the old ANNKE-Cameras without any problems. But I hate it to be forced to use a cloud-based access to my NVR and browser-access is impossible. I want to be in control over my own equipment. Sorry, screenshots in german, but I think you'll get the idea.
1657120631092.png

1657120828964.png

So I then got a Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2 NVR as a warehouse deal. It was of course password protected (seller stated tested and fully working, yeah, sure) but I was able to remove the password-lock with the help of the Hikvision-Support, they were great.

But to my surprise I just can't add the ANNKE-Cameras to the Hikvision-Unit. I see no protocol suitable for those cameras.

1657121251490.png
On my EZVIZ-Unit, they get detected as protocol "EZVIZ", but I have no chance to pair them with my Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2. Which is strange because the EZVIZ NVR CS-X5S-16H is made by Hikvision, just castrated. Too castrated for me.

I would love to use my old cameras with my DS-7616NI-K2, but so far I can't find any solution to pair my old cameras with the unit. Anyone has an idea?

Thanks in advance

Regards from germany
Markus

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
eight I41GD-Cameras, which are detected in SADP-Tool as DS-2CD3T10D-I3, so obviously made by hikvision
No, these look like they are 3rd-party Chinese cameras that are running a 'hikserver' that responds to a subset of the Hikvision command-and-control protocol.
It's almost standard that many Chinese brands have a 'hikserver' facility, and it does often allow them to be recognised and easily connected by a Hikvsion NVR.

The web GUI screenshots look familiar from many years ago - maybe Vanxse (probable) or Juantech.

I would love to use my old cameras with my DS-7616NI-K2, but so far I can't find any solution to pair my old cameras with the unit.
I'd speculate that the newer firmware of the K2 NVR maybe has a problem with the incompletely-implemented Hikvision API in the 'hikserver' of the cameras.
Have you checked out if the cameras support ONVIF? That may connect OK, though perhaps without support for motion event notifications.
And if that doesn't work - a plain simply RTSP connection should work - just for continuous recording.

If you've not done so already - query the cameras with the very good 'ONVIF Device Manager' to get useful detail on them.

By the way - in case you haven't seen it - there is a pretty new V4.71.005 build220524 firmware for the K2 series which works quite well :

mbrandhu

n3wb
Reaction score
No ONVIF on this cameras - I just wonder why I can get them to work on an EZVIZ-NVR which is made my hikvision, but not on my more expensive hikvision NVR :-/
Also so far I wasnt able to figure out any working RTSP-Stream on those chinese garbagecans...

reactiv

n3wb
Reaction score
re your hikvision nvr, using the IP Cam manual add function, did you select HIk Protocol? I don't know if this works or not BUT i was trying to get to where you are but after connecting the cam to wifi at home for testing never managed to connect to pro level WAPs and client Hik NVR, then brought it home tried to connect again but nothing...EVIZ UK Tech support just forget it such a shame as during test cam performed very well..sorry just seen it look like you tried Hik protocol...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
No ONVIF on this cameras
As confirmed by using, for example, ONVIF Device Manager?
The older ONVIF implementations often had an 'ONVIF port' different from the HTTP port.

I just checked some old Vanxse firmware from 2014 - and it has the same web GUI as your screenshot.
But it will be a different camera.
IPCHI18A_20140314_IPCAMERA_N18A_1_2_2_561120B14.rom
And the main app has a good set of the ONVIF response URLs.

mbrandhu

n3wb
Reaction score
As confirmed by using, for example, ONVIF Device Manager?
Yes. They won't show on the ONVIF Device Manager :-/
1657188532178.png
Also no ONVIF-Settings in the cameras menu-system.
Can you send me the .rom-File? I would try to flash it on one of my garbagecams, maybe...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you send me the .rom-File?
Yes, see attached.
But as you can see, it's pretty old!
And most likely for another device.

And here are the hard-coded root passwords:
Code:
root:ab8nBoH3mb8.g:0:0::/root:/bin/sh
root:$1$$Tq0vqGpgZ5IEA8LdEOI9F.:0:0::/root:/bin/sh
root:helpme:0:0::/root:/bin/sh