Getting Refund from AliExpress or open dispute?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So i got a video door bell camera from a seller at aliexpress, it came ,installed and it was bad,as something was up with the night vision.
Contacted the seller and they give 3 options:
1. They will send me the same camera ,but newer design .
2. They will give me a discount from $150 to $ 90 for a different camera
3. They will give me a refund of $30 and i don't have to send nothing back.

So they sent out option 1, and after been waiting ,when i contact them they said that the package came back to them,there was a problem with their postal service in China or something,but i thing that is a BS.

Now even for those $30 looks like it takes for ever...so i contacted and they said to open request refund at aliexpress , but i am still thinking , as i paid $80 for the door bell and $10 for the chime, should i take the $30? refund or open dispute in aliexpress ? so they can send me the camera or give all money back?
I was defective anyway.

Thanks for advice.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So i got a video door bell camera from a seller at aliexpress, it came ,installed and it was bad,as something was up with the night vision.

So they sent out option 1, and after been waiting ,when i contact them they said that the package came back to them,there was a problem with their postal service in China or something,but i thing that is a BS.

Now even for those $30 looks like it takes for ever...so i contacted and they said to open request refund at aliexpress , but i am still thinking , as i paid $80 for the door bell and $10 for the chime, should i take the $30? refund or open dispute in aliexpress ? so they can send me the camera or give all money back?
I was defective anyway.

Thanks for advice.
open a dispute with your credit card company.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score

I was defective anyway.

Thanks for advice.
Open a dispute with AE. The three options are what almost EVERY seller gives when there is an issue. Bottom line - you have something that is defective and does not work as advertised, even with a discount you still have a broken product. I've taken discounts before but that is only when the item was fully functional and was simply the incorrect model.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, Sorry for my late reply!

@fenderman , if i do with the bank, you think the seller or bank will make me send that back? i mean is a junk and defective anyway, as shipping could be anywhere from 25-30$.

@zero-degrees , i was thinking about that as above , problem is that is defective ! i told them send me the same one,but they done have that model, and they wanted to send a newer model and it package came back BSSS, so to get $30 refund...No thanks...send a good product in the first place or replace it free or full refund, do it right.

So should i open dispute in AE and also with my credit card company? or...

Thank you for advice!
P.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
CC company is path of least resistance; they wont require you to do anything with the trash you received.. Chargebacks are painful for vendors; often you can get them to comply simply by waving it over there head..

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
CC company is path of least resistance; they wont require you to do anything with the trash you received.. Chargebacks are painful for vendors; often you can get them to comply simply by waving it over there head..
Thanks for that advice friend, will open dispute at cc company.