Ghosting . How to remove it ?

Amgclk65

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Little update, I switched to Intel VideoPostProc option for HW decode. It stopped the ghosting so far. Its not the perfect solution. Its taxing the UHD 630. CPU runs around 26-32% and GPU 50-80%. Im running 44.3 MP in my system. Using Intel Only Decode. Im at CPU 30-35% and GPU 20-40%.

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Amgclk65

I had ghosting problems in the past, caused by updated video drivers dated 2018. I have a different GPU than you, an older HD 530 (i5-6600). I rolled back the driver to one from 2016 and my problems went away.
The ghosting problems returned as of last week. There was a large windows 10 update last week that I chose to install. With it, it installed newer 2019 video drivers. If I leave a program window open but not maximized, when windows 10 turns off the monitor after 15 minutes (in the power settings), after I move the mouse to wake the monitor, the program window has moved and changed in size.

With some testing, I discovered the ghosting does not occur in the first 15 minutes when the monitor is still awake. When windows shuts off the monitor to save power, something happens with the GPU trying to detect resolution or something, and the ghosting starts. Problem is, with the update, if I roll back the video driver, it rolls back to one from 2018, and the problem persists. I temporarily changed the power settings to never turn off the display, and set a blank screen saver instead, and the ghosting stopped. I can manually turn off the monitor and everything is ok as well, but didn't like it that way.

In the end I had to use system restore to roll back the system to 2 weeks ago to get the 2016 driver back in action, and everything is good now. When windows turns off the display, program windows don't resize/move, and ghosting is gone. I just need to go into settings to prevent driver updates on the GPU.

If your iframe interval matches your framerate and you still have ghosting, it could be a video driver problem. First try rolling back your drivers to the oldest available. If that doesn't work, try disabling 'turn off display' in power settings.