Ghosting/Shadowing recording?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently replaced an older Hikvision 3Mp mini camera with an 4mp DS-2CD2542FWD-IS

Still images is fine but when there are motion, the image is shadowy as shown below. The recorder setting is identical for all exterior camera and this is the only one with this problem. Does anyone one know what may be causing this?

I'm recoding at fullscreenshot_46.png

daytime.jpg night.jpg record.jpg D2d.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That us caused by high noise reduction settings.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yah mine is up all the way... is there a recommendated value or should I just turn it off? I'm not seeing a huge difference when I make changes to the setting. I thought noise reduction is mainly for night time in low light high iso situations?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yah mine is up all the way... is there a recommendated value or should I just turn it off? I'm not seeing a huge difference when I make changes to the setting. I thought noise reduction is mainly for night time in low light high iso situations?
lower it until it stops..

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I completely turned it off but it's still slightly jittery. Is there more than can be done?

Noticed as she approach the steps, the image becomes jittery?

Last edited:

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did not drop the resolution but max framerate is 20 which the above video is at.

Jeremy Spiering

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That video doesn't look bad to me at all. Yes, it isn't ultra smooth, but these are surveillance cameras and not designed for ultra fluid motion. If you want it to be smoother, lower the the resolution to 1080P, increase the framerate to 30(for NTSC) or 25(PAL) , decrease the exposure time (make sure it is NOT 1/30s, or 1/60s). You might also change from constant bit rate, to variable bit-rate if bandwidth is an issue (but it's probably not).