Ghosty video of moving objects and timestamp

MerNion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

can someone help me with this..? Check this video out:

Notice the cat how it looks when moving and the timestamp how it does not change correctly. Is this some kind of wrong config?

Thanks!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

can someone help me with this..? Check this video out:

Notice the cat how it looks when moving and the timestamp how it does not change correctly. Is this some kind of wrong config?

Thanks!
HI MerNion,

You did not mention the make and model of your camera.

I am guessing their is an issue with the H.264 / H.265 compression. Perhaps checking for an update on the firmware would be useful.

MerNion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is a DS-2CD2335FWD-I on a DS-7608NI-I2 NVR. H264 with H.264+ ON. On the TV or through the web interface the picture is crystal clear. I use the Main stream (2048*1536) and it is perfect but eventhough I use the Main stream for the recording as well, it looks like this..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is a DS-2CD2335FWD-I on a DS-7608NI-I2 NVR. H264 with H.264+ ON. On the TV or through the web interface the picture is crystal clear. I use the Main stream (2048*1536) and it is perfect but eventhough I use the Main stream for the recording as well, it looks like this..
Hi MerNion,

With H.264+ it can be the encoder ( NVR / PC ) or the decoder ( player ) which is causing your issue.

If the stream looks good when viewing on the NVR / PC then it should have hopefully properly encoded. You can try to use H.264 as more players probably can handle that better.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is your bitrate set at? Take a screen shot of your settings for us.

MerNion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried the H264+ to OFF and I don't see it anymore but this was not happening all the times.. It was in SOME videos, not all.. So I will wait a few days before saying that this was the problem. The settings are attached.

Attachments

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try changing your iframe down to 25. Won't help the issue but you'll get better video quality.

Did you terminate the network connections yourself? I sometimes saw intermittent video issues when I was using a shotty network crimper that wasn't pushing the pins all the way into the copper wire.

MerNion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes but i triple checked them.. A cable tester, network usage and speed tests. I don't believe the problem is with the physical connection of the cables. I will review various videos for the next days and see if this happens again.

What exactly is the I frame interval? That was the default value...

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Look up I frames and P frames, it's how often the camera sends a "fresh" frame to the NVR.

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd avoid H264+ and for the time being i'm not going to be bothering with 265+

H264 and H265 for me both work fine with the latter having slow motion playback on some devices as its about twice the workload for a CPU to decode.

with Hikvisions '+' encoding i've had playback and time indexing problems when trying to do playback on the recorder itself, both NVR's and TurboHD - its a mess, and if you want embarrassment infront of a customer while trying to demo playback to them thats the way to go.