Glad I found you!!!

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Greeting everyone.

New member but off running full speed. Being In the service and not always home, I worry about the safety of my family. I used to have a coax HD system that broke down years ago and recently been using Wyze cams pointing out various windows. After the recent riots, I decided to install a proper system. Lorex offers a 20% off military discount so I ordered a system with 4x 4K varifocus cameras and 4x 5MP 2.8mm camera. A nice selling point was that the feeds could be viewed on our Apple TV which seemed simple for the wife and kids. After receiving the system I had several issues and the customer and tech support from Lorex sucked. Lucky I ran across this forum.

Reaching out to Andy, he was very helpful answering questions and making recommendations in a very timely manor. I just placed an order with Andy for:
NVR5216-16P-4ks2E x 1
T5442TM-ZE x 3
T5442TM-AS x 1
T2431T-AS x 2
EW5531-AS x 1

Hopefully the install will be fairly easy but it’s nice to know that this forum is here with members that seem to like helping each others.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Make sure you read the Cliff Notes and check out the WIKI (top of page in blue bar).

Once you get things installed, please post some video of the EW5531-AS. I don't think anyone here has done so. Would love to see the fisheye cam in action.

Thank you for your service.

Snapper30

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
:welcome:

I'm curious, did you return the Lorex system?

And thanks for your service. I had to look up SARC - sounds interesting...

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
:welcome:

I'm curious, did you return the Lorex system?

And thanks for your service. I had to look up SARC - sounds interesting...
I have not returned the Lorex yet, figured I will wait until the new cameras arrived and swap them out all at once. Here are a couple pics from the Lorex.

Regarding the job, the rate keeps us busy.

Attachments