Glitchy in the USA...

IseeUgopee

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings... Newbee, here! I have 3 PTZ IP Cameras (all same brand name) running on BI5. Two are cat6 wired directly to router. One is transmitted via wifi. The two direct wired cams have been giving me some serious pain-in-the-ass video glitches! Not continually, yet very so often. They are sporadic, lasting only seconds at a time. Most of the time these gliches cause slight video distortion located near the bottom of the screen. Most often during the early morning hours (sunrise). The IR features on both cameras are not in use during sunset hours. I realize there could be 101 things that could be the cause of these video problems. Is it the cables? Is it the video format? Is it the wifi connection? Or... is it simply just the user?(Possibly). I'm curious if the Hardware Accelerated Decode option found in the Video Tab section would maybe solve any issues. I have tried a dozen different things yet to no avail. Any help and guidance on this issue is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do not run cameras thru a router only a switch for one and two no wifi camera connections...but a lot more info is needed such as camera brand, what resolution, FPS, bitrate, etc are you running and a layout of your network to further define potential causes.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
did you make the network cables yourself or are they pre-made? i had an issue similar to this when i hadn't crimped my network ends correctly. during lots of motion the video would get distorted.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what spec is the cable built too ?
The colors or the wire must be exactly as in the picture. The wires must have the correct twist.
Are you using copper wire or copper covered aluminum (CCA) ?
What is the length of the cable ?

568b.png
568b2.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's not the cable...it is sending data hog cams thru a router and using wifi cams! Re-read post #2 or are you simply looking to blame some cables...it is operator error. Solution isn't going to change from advice given in your similar posts in May...

Last edited:

IseeUgopee

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not the cable...it is sending data hog cams thru a router and using wifi cams! Re-read post #2 or are you simply looking to blame some cables...it is operator error. Solution isn't going to change from advice given in your similar posts in May...
Sorry. I'm not certain how to find post #2. Not here to bash nobody. Just want my system to be improved.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
scroll up to the post after your first post...

Do not run cameras thru a router only a switch for one and two no wifi camera connections...but a lot more info is needed such as camera brand, what resolution, FPS, bitrate, etc are you running and a layout of your network to further define potential causes.