Going crazy.. why is everything so slow even wired!?

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been trouble shooting my network all day today and I'm having problems figuring out wth is going on.

Everything seems to work fine then my 2 cameras (including 1 wired, 1 wifi) just come to a screeching halt.

I just had a geeya 801c up and running wired (which is usually 20+ fps) and right now i'm lucky if I can get 10+ fps when it's the ONLY thing attached to the network!

I went (today) from a netgear WNDR3700 N600 router to an asus RT-N66U...

Plugged everything in and speeds were great... fast forward 20 minutes, the cameras are barely moving.

I'm at a loss for words...

any suggestions where to start looking?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you having the same issue with 2432? Try isolating the problem device..

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you having the same issue with 2432? Try isolating the problem device..
both devices...

yesterday when I first set it up, I was getting 20+ fps on 1080 with the hikvision. Geeya 801c was 20+ as well.

I changed the rez to 3mp and then still got 20fps on the 2432. I left it for the night

wake up this morning and realized hikvision was less than 1 fps.. geeya 801c was still going strong.

I blamed the router because it was giving out a weak signal. so I replaced it just now with a new RT-N66U from asus. supposedly a great router

everything was working perfect again until just now where both cameras are having problems sustaining the load (very slow fps)

I disconnected the hikvision and everything hooked up to the camera and geeya 801c was barely getting over 15fps being wired

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
to add icing to the cake, all my devices are connecting to the 5ghz connection, but my desktop is not getting along with it and not connecting to the internet....

but here I am, posting from the 5ghz connection!!!

Computer connects to lan from it (I can view the cameras), but not the internet!!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
as an aside, I have a 2432 set up for a friend with the same asus n66 router getting 12fps consistent (i set the hikvision for 12)..no issues except for the occasional drop...try the router with just the hikvision and then just with the geeya and see if there is a change...