Good night view camera

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
I want to replace all my 6 ReoLinks camera with better night view. At the moment I am using dome camera, but I have learned that these camera are not the best for night view. Have seen several threads that I should use starlight turret cameras.
After checking the camera description (wiki cliff notes) I am more confused which of these cameras could be the best for my environment.
I think my budget for each camera should not be higher than 150.- Euro/Dollar or I have to replace them step-by-step.

Any hint which cameras has a good night view is appreciated.

Thanks.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
look at the dahua 5442 cameras. Good move not using reolink.

IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
.................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-HDW5442t-ZE .... Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE 4MP Varifocal Turret - Night Perfomance testing -- variable focus 2.7 mm-12mm 4 MP Starlight
IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+ -- variable 2.7mm-12mm bullet
IPC-B5442E-Z4E .... bullet 8mm-32mm variable focus zoom 4MP
IPC-HFW7442H-Z ..... Review - Dahua IPC-HFW7442H-Z 4MP Ultra AI Varifocal Bullet Camera -- 4 MP variable focus AI

========================================

if you are interested in International Dahua cameras, a forum member sells dahua (and some Hikvision) and ships world wide. You can read some of the members recommendations on his service. He also provides cameras to other forum member for evaluation and reviews.
You can email him for a quote, or purchase from his Aliexpress store or his Amazon store. The cameras are fully upgradable, he posts upgrade software when available.

I recommend email andy

Andy
@EMPIRETECANDY
kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress
Andy's Amazon store: Amazon.com

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Many thanks to all for the answers. I will check the links and also the shops of Andy.

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thx for the recommendation.
I am based in germany, so I would prefer a shop sending also to germany. As far as I understood Andy will do this.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Anchotech will also happily ship to Germany and will beat anyone's price. You are NOT forced to buy from anyone do your own research on Vendors especially after sales.

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks.
I am still struggeling about the cam I will buy because of the lens I need.

What I learned from the wiki: it seems that I need 3.6 because I have to check two doors with 1 cam - distance from cam is approx. 3m and 7m.
Another cam should monitor my car: distance approx. 10m (so it seems I need a 6mm lens).

I am still reading and learning.

Last edited:

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have just purchased a couple of night color cameras and found the hikvision true colour better at night than the Dahua, some comparison pics and my views here .https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/just-installed-a-hikvision-color-vu-very-impressed.52832/

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have just purchased a couple of night color cameras and found the hikvision true colour better at night than the Dahua, some comparison pics and my views here .https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/just-installed-a-hikvision-color-vu-very-impressed.52832/

The Dahua you compared to in that thread isn’t in the same class as the HiK you tested.
The HiK is very good, but for a fair comparison you would need to test against the Dahua 5442TM-AS-LED