Good price for Dahua 20x PTZ?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ran across this supposed Dahua 20x back face model# SD59220T-HN on AliExpress for $349.90.

This is not listed as one of their "11:11" deals but I thought these things were typically $600.
Am I missing something our is this a good deal?

Looks like it is not NTSC, but I've read here that is not a big deal.
Also I don't see any mention of mounting hardware, so guessing that I'd not included?

Anyone have this model our similar who could offer some thoughts on the quality or price?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
mounting hardware is included, but I'd spend more and get the starlight model now.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did not realize they had a newer starlight line.
I searched ali and found this...is this model maybe what you are talking about or would you have a specific model in mind?
2Megapixel Exmor R CMOS Starlight technology dahua PTZ SD59225U-HNI 25X Optical Zoom(4.8mm~120mm)
2Megapixel Exmor R CMOS Starlight technology dahua PTZ SD59225U HNI 25X Optical Zoom(4.8mm~120mm)-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

$428

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats what I was talking about; as soon as I can afford it my old 2MP Black Face will be upgraded with one of those.. and then my old black face Dahua will be donated to my grandmother and installed on a light pole at the end of her farm driveway.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There seem to be so many models offered that appear to be similar for Dahua it is confusing.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that ones good too; the difference between the previous one was no h265 support.. probably want that for future proofing.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks
$480 I believe is less than you paid for your current big black face. Still not a cheap can but getting more palatable.
H.265 sounds like it is getting more popular.

I even noticed my last Blue Iris software upgrade mentioned h.265 support now.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I paid $610 for my 12x zoom back in July 2014 from wrightwood, it has no IVS, no Starlight.. but its still a damn good camera even with age.. but what I seen of my new Starlight Sony Exmor-R 2MP 1/2.8 camera, I want to yank it off my house asap lol

Last edited:

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How BIG is that thing? My neighbors might wonder if R2D2 was on the front of my home :(

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They are not really small

2 Megapixel

SD59220T-HN
2MP 20x IR PTZ Network Camera
> 1/2.8” 2Megapixel Exmor CMOS

Dimensions
Φ186.0(mm) x 309(mm)

Net Weight
3.5kg(7.72lb)

Gross Weight
6.8kg(14.99lb)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have mine corner mounted on the back corner of my home, normally its looking out front and with the high zoom its not that obvious or easy to spot.. and then when kids are playing out back I can watch em with the ptz

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I will do also a PTZ at the back corner for the new home building. For checking the back garden of the home, and the top of the roof of the part of the house that is connction to the basic home (garage, veranda, car port)
Perhaps 20x is overkill there on the small part ground we have (25 x 17 meter) but good zoom in can be nice.

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1 ft tall by 7 inches around - ouch! I'm considering a corner too but I have concerns about weather although it does say IP66. I need a camera from the front of my home and I'm thinking this one is just a bit too big lol. Appreciate folks digging up the specs!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
then you should probably just install multiple turret cameras if your concerned about size, you'll get better coverage.. my dahua ptz has been through all sorts of weather w/out issue.

most people dont need a PTZ for residental use.. they can only watch one thing at a time.

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Honestly I want the PTZ for playing as much as I do security :D A small one with less zoom would be fine, I'm not overlooking anything as attractive as a lake or mountain scene sadly!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have a place to put one out of the rain then consider the: Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN)

its not weather rated though; they make other mini-ptz's but they have domes over em and no IR.. so they are pretty useless for outdoor security.

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr Yup, I'm looking at that small PTZ and at the Starlight Varifocal you've posted about. A pitch black side yard would be perfect for that, especially after finding out the neighbor on that side was robbed awhile back and no one bothered to tell me! I have eves in front where I can shield the small black face from weather and the StarLight appears to be weather resistant. Ali doesn't make it really easy to find things in specific vendor's shops though, especially mobile - still learning my way around I guess. Since Andy posts here and has been reliable I'll try to buy from him before it gets too cold else it'll be Spring before I'm willing to climb a ladder :(

Appreciate the information you share!

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have a place to put one out of the rain then consider the: Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN)

its not weather rated though
Do you think "out of the rain" is really sufficient?
Would this camera not eventually get fried by just moisture, humidity changes, condensation that would accumulate on internals since there are no actual weatherproffing seals?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
guess it depends, here in my high altitude desert environment.. I expect no problems, it survived the first fog I seen in eons without a problem..

in Seattle? Probably needs more than 'out of the rain'..