Good price for Dahua 20x PTZ?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey, any idea why I dont find any of these in NTSC? So far only seeing PAL.

Also wondering what the "U" in the model # refers to...I looked at the model code pic you posted but no reference to "U".

I think Im about to pull the trigger on the 25x version, (I see a 30x that seems otherwise identical but almost another $75 bucks or so...not sure another 5x would make a huge difference.)
Just searching for the best deal.

Like most, I don't really "need" PTZ, but would be fun as I have a few acres and a lake view to look out upon.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
PAL markets come first, NTSC Markets come later.. there is practically no difference, mostly 50fps or 60fps ceilings.

these are just tricking out right now, look at the map and see if you can figure out why PAL always comes out first:

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why can't we all just agree on the same formats for stuff?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
we did, its called digital.. none of that PAL/NTSC shit means anything anymore.. I have a PAL NVR hooked to my NTSC Television and everything is copacetic.

analouge signals are different, so trying to mix and match dont work.. but digital signals are well, H264/H265/MJPEG/HDMI/etc at the same resolutions.. so the format is identical.. they just run off 50Hz displays and we run off 60Hz displays, so running a NTSC at 60fps on a 50Hz display probably wont look all that great.. but drop it to 50fps and it'll be fine.