Good source to buy Hikvision Turbo HD (720p and 1080 P over existing coax)

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good source to buy TVI

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is pretty cool. Prices are amazing so I have to agree it would be a great cheap upgrade for a coax system.

Scott12v

n3wb
Reaction score
This sounds almost too good to be true! But do you know if there's any way this solution could work with Blue Iris?

Scott12v

n3wb
Reaction score
What solution are you talking about?
What I would like to do is view the streams from one of the DVRs mentioned in the first post through BlueIris. So if I have 5 cameras hooked to the DVR, I'd like to have these as separate cameras showing up in BlueIris.

Thanks,
Scott

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This should be possible. Blue iris supports hikvision NVR's and many DVRS as well. It will probably work with the hikvision nvr option and if not Blue iris support should be able to get it working for you.

Scott12v

n3wb
Reaction score
I got my 2nd and 3rd cameras today, and they are great. I do have a word of caution for everyone - these cameras do NOT work with the 24v power supply you are likely running your old analog cameras with (it will fry them...ask me how I know). Don't get so excited to mount your fancy new camera that you forget to think things through.

The picture is 100x better than the (fairly nice) analog camera that I replaced. I'll post some pictures over the weekend. I'm still tweaking my Blue Iris settings to get everything perfectly smooth (I need to upgrade the PC...it is too underpowered for the number of cameras I have), but viewing the picture through the HikVision 8 channel DVR is as smooth as watching an HDTV. Night vision is great, and all of the OSD settings are available through the web interface which is huge benefit.

Scott12v

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay...I can't help myself...Here is a quick comparison. I'll post a day time picture of the new camera later:
Old Front Door Camera.jpgNew Front Door Camera.jpg

Oh...and don't judge me for my weeds!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Not bad. Even with the relatively small screenshots you can immediately tell the second cam is better.

iahim

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible to access 1080p TurboHD camera OSD menu without using the SD connector? I tried to do it, but only if I connect the UTC controller in the SD connector I can access the menu :( If I connect the UTC controller to TVI cable, then the menu is not aceessible.

iahim

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks!
I pressed most of the buttons in the PTZ menu, but never thought about pluses or minuses from Iris. Thanks a lot!