Good source to buy IP items at

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@MikeSav, couple of points about that switch (which is great) to keep in mind...you might already know this but cant hurt to mention.
In the poe settings, you need to change it from classification mode to consumption mode or it will not power more than 4 cameras.
When you change any settings you must hit apply AND save on the top right, or it will revert back after a power cycle...
Finally the switch comes set to static 192.168.1.1, and therefore you need to change the ipv4 address on your pc temporarily so you can change the address of the switch to match your routers subnet and/or not conflict with your routers own ip address.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeSav

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman! Not that I'm a know it all, but... ermm... I knew it all... heh! I did my research, and had it up and running ten minutes after it arrived. Mine came with firmware 2.0, which is apparently pretty new. Your points are still worth mentioning for future users of this excellent switch though, so thanks!

I have a fairly advanced home network. I needed two RT-N66U routers (downstairs back, upstairs front) to blast through my 95 year old house's ridiculously thick plaster. I have two other managed switches in different areas of the house. I have a lot of devices: DirecTV, Yamaha receiver, NVR, Synology, printer/scanner, outdoor temperature probe, two desktops, Vonage, five IP cams.

I like managed switches because it makes it easy to determine what is up and what is down when troubleshooting.

Btw, origin of your name: Fender guitars, or something else?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman! Not that I'm a know it all, but... ermm... I knew it all... heh! I did my research, and had it up and running ten minutes after it arrived. Mine came with firmware 2.0, which is apparently pretty new. Your points are still worth mentioning for future users of this excellent switch though, so thanks!

I have a fairly advanced home network. I needed two RT-N66U routers (downstairs back, upstairs front) to blast through my 95 year old house's ridiculously thick plaster. I have two other managed switches in different areas of the house. I have a lot of devices: DirecTV, Yamaha receiver, NVR, Synology, printer/scanner, outdoor temperature probe, two desktops, Vonage, five IP cams.

I like managed switches because it makes it easy to determine what is up and what is down when troubleshooting.

Btw, origin of your name: Fender guitars, or something else?
Great. Yes, fender guitars...

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Milk, can you send me your catalog? Specifically 2532 and 2332?
Thanks!
John

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just wanted to add my awesome experience in dealing with milkisbad. He treated my small order as if it was much more than it was. He was fantastic in communicating how everything would work etc. At first I was a little hesitant in spending $40 - $50 more per camera but in the end, I feel much better getting a "known" Western region camera with U.S. firmware that can be upgraded from the LTS or Hikvision web site. On top of all that, I get a 3-year warranty that covers basically everything! He is a pleasure to deal with and I would 100% do business with him again in the future. There's a recent thread on this site right now where someone is having to deal with a faulty camera purchased from China. This is one reason why I decided to go with milkisbad!

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
add another satisfied milkisbad customer.. 2nd order - well worth it!

billfsh

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a newbie, looking to start a small home surveillance system. I think I'd like Hikvision or Dahua cameras, 2mp or 3mp. Pls PM me your flier.

GaretJax

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Me too please. The last one I have is pretty old. Thanks a lot.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow! First order ordered from him at 5pm shipping confirmation less than an hour later!

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Good source to buy Dahua items at.

I'll take a price list/catalog too. thanks! Dahua?

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Current good deals July 2015:

If you need IP equipment with valid 3 year warranty and shipped quickly from the US, I think our place is your best bet. Beyond us is the Factory and not more middlemen...

If you guys have a hard time buying some specific models (like Hybrid NVR, PTZ with POE+, IP Camera with motorized zoom) let me know.

Please PM me for the full flier for the current sale.

I just want to provide this service of buying items for this wonderful community of DIY'ers without the risk of buying overseas.

No labels, 30 days money back policy (ship back to US address), 3 years warranty.

IP PTZ models also available, ranging from 20-30x optical zoom, around $500-$900 depending on model (free $40 value wall mount bracket included)

Warranty period:

Cameras, NVR = 3 years
IP PTZ = 2 years

-US 5.2 camera firmware was able to load onto the cameras via TFTP tool along with new features like intrusion detection and Line Crossing detection

Interested in other things besides IP? Already have coax and just want to do a quick upgrade and keep the same cables? Please contact me through PM about HD TVI.

Thanks!
milk

(I'll say this right now, US prices are higher than Aliexpress and I can't match or get close to them, if you plan to buy from Aliexpress please don't PM me at all, ask for help with what you should buy and how to set things up, then go off to Aliexpress to buy it. If more people keep doing this I will stop offering this service.)

Samples from actual installation (will try to add more):

Dome 2 MP 4 MM

Some person spray painted the shit out of your van. I hope the camera saw the person do it.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some person spray painted the shit out of your van. I hope the camera saw the person do it.
Ohh i sprayed it with microsoft paint because i didn't want the plate and company to show...haha

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
WOW what service! Ordered an NVR on Wednesday evening at 5pm and in my hands on Friday at 5pm. Thanks Milk

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.