Not open for further replies.

yeme

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would like a catalog also.

le0pard

n3wb
Reaction score
I sent you a PM and am looking to make a few purchases very soon. Please send the catalog my way. Thanks!

Shearson

n3wb
Reaction score
Please send me a catalog as well, looking to buy 4MP indoor and outdoor for my company.

Thanks!

GBot

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I would like a catalog, please.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wiile

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, would like the catalog with the Hikivision 4mp cameras please :)

hotwire

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
Can I please get a catalog? Thanks for offering this to members of this forum who wish to buy from someone in the U.S.

Ramos

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wanted to to share some thoughts and questions about the equipment I just received.
I ordered the below equipment on 8/26 and received it on 8/27. Great customer service and delivery turnaround.
(I live in NJ so distance was not that far but still great.)
NVR-P 8ch 80Mbps Dual Stream CMS HDMI Audio/RS-485 8xPoE

IP-P DOME 3MP 2.8mm Matrix-iR:100ft IRC IP66

IP-P CAM 3MP Matrix IR4mm iR:100f IRC IP66 DC/PoE Onvif

I setup some bench testing so that I could be familiar with the units and software before beginning to wire up the attic.
Quality looks good and looking forward to taking the next step in the install.

Questions:
1) Are there any differences between using the NVMS 7000 software, the direct IP address interface, or the actual NVR/with monitor when it has to do with configuring motion detection, alarms, resolution, contrast/hue/etc..., or anything else. (Which one is better) Your answer will help me stick with one and learn it well.

2) I was having problems setting up the grid on the NVMS 7000. The dragging was not working. After I uninstalled and reinstalled it started to work. Just thought I would throw that out there in case someone was having problems.
Using the direct IP interface, firefox had a problem with configuring the grid but IE did not. Just thought I would let people know.

3) I did not see a difference between the bullet 4mm night vision distance and the turret 2.5mm distance. Is there a reason why someone would prefer a bullet over the turret. They only thing I could think of is if it is not underneath an eave, then a bullet might be better protection of the lense. Aesthetically the turret has it. Let me know what your opinion why someone would buy the bullet over the turret.

4) I was able to figure out the android viewing while I was connected to my local wifi. That works. Was wondering about the android viewing while away from home. Is that the PT Cloud set-up with the registering the device. (what happens If I were to move and leave the security cameras or if I sell the cameras)
I think I would prefer the PT Cloud. What about the DDNS using the ns1.dvrlists.com type connection. Is that safe and how does that differ from someone else's ns1.dvrlists.com connection. Is PT-Cloud and ns1.dvrlists.com connected to each other? Sorry for this newbie question... Maybe you can send me an instruction link on this one.

5)Anyway to turn off the red IR lights on cameras for more covert operation with other lighting.

6) On remote playback (right click) download... Location of download appears to be the same as what was specified on a manual record or picture. Correct?

As you can see from my comments and questions, the devices appear to be working fine and it is just my inexperience with the equipment.
The only thing I will say. The Video Recorder fan is loud.... louder than my PC(intel i5 midsize case with high end video card). I only have two cameras hooked up to the video recorder. Fortunately it will be in the basement but it would drive me crazy, which it is doing, when I am next to it. Is this normal? That is the only thing that was not up to par when I compare it to everything else I received. Funcionally video recorder works and is fine.. just loud. Again, I am new to this whole IP Cam thing so maybe other brand video recorders are loud too.

Any suggestions or answers to my questions would be appreciated.
Hope my sharing of my experience helps others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.