Good source to buy IP items at

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrimmer

n3wb
Reaction score
So I'm new here and a bit confused - does Milkisbad sell genuine Hikvision products - or only the -branded like-Hikvision cameras - not that the -branded don't sound competent - just wondering what is actually available,

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
So I'm new here and a bit confused - does Milkisbad sell genuine Hikvision products - or only the like-Hikvision cameras - not that the -branded don't sound competent - just wondering what is actually available,
It is my understanding that these are Hikvision that are rebranded, no other difference except the firmware is a U.S. region firmware. I'm sure others can correct me if I'm wrong.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I'm new here and a bit confused - does Milkisbad sell genuine Hikvision products - or only the -branded like-Hikvision cameras - not that the -branded don't sound competent - just wondering what is actually available,
They are genuine Hikvision that have not been hacked with with English firmware like the ones that you would get from AliExspress or most seller on Amazon and the like. His cameras have only been re-branded, No harm in that. His prices & support are great.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They are genuine Hikvision that have not been hacked with with English firmware like the ones that you would get from AliExspress or most seller on Amazon and the like. His cameras have only been re-branded, No harm in that. His prices & support are great.
I'm sure @milkisbad will correct me if I'm wrong but they are not genuine Hikvision... they are Hikvision OEM under a different brand. There is a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what about this camera?

[h=1]DS-2CD2342WD-I English version Hikvision WDR EXIR cctv security camera 4MP,30m IR Backlight Compensation mini P2P IP camera POE[/h]

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
they are hikvision with a custom firmware which is hikvision firmware with different colors and logo - they can be tftp'd with actual hikvision usa software - whether or not that counts as not hikvision, you be the judge.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As far as we are concerned, they are basically Hikvision. Was just pointing out in case someone says I bought Hikvision but didn't get Hikvision. Lots of companies do similar... I just can't think of one right now!

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You buy from his company and you get a 3 year warranty... Try getting that on hik's from AE.

Now if only I could get a US camera with H.265...

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As far as we are concerned, they are basically Hikvision. Was just pointing out in case someone says I bought Hikvision but didn't get Hikvision. Lots of companies do similar... I just can't think of one right now!
That was my point in my response to the other poster, I said these are genuine Hikvision cameras that have only been re-branded and there is nothing wrong with that. I guess some would feel that since these have been re-branded that they are not genuine Hikvision cameras but that would be a dead wrong way of thinking in my opinion.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
they are hikvision with a custom firmware which is hikvision firmware with different colors and logo - they can be tftp'd with actual hikvision usa software - whether or not that counts as not hikvision, you be the judge.
+1 Agreed, I for one say its Hikvison.

haag

n3wb
Reaction score
Umm..to reply to the above chatter..I asked milkisbad about the spec differences that were listed on his 8816 nvr aposed to the specs listed for either 7716 series...no response in 3 weeks..and the op stating that 4mp cams don't work with his nvrs yet...I think the answer is clear...Sorry not trying to be that guy but YOU as a community have told me so much

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Umm..to reply to the above chatter..I asked milkisbad about the spec differences that were listed on his 8816 nvr aposed to the specs listed for either 7716 series...no response in 3 weeks..and the op stating that 4mp cams don't work with his nvrs yet...I think the answer is clear...Sorry not trying to be that guy but YOU as a community have told me so much
I think you have a misunderstanding as to what is being sold. The folks who need clarification can pm milkisbad...We are not going to mention company names here in this thread so this source of US region cameras is not compromised.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Cameras and hikvision cameras work on hikvision nvrs. Far as I can tell they are the same. I am.not a representative though.

Milkisbad usually is fairly quick on responding ubless he is on vacation

treodoc

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm ready to buy some cameras... so please send me a catalog. Thanks!

Lager

n3wb
Reaction score
I too would like to kindly request a catalog of the new 4MP cameras.
Thank you!

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I too would like to kindly request a catalog of the new 4MP cameras.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.