Good source to buy IP items at

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
As I sad change the title Only for IT professionals not for amateurs. So we do not waist the time with people who are called hem self professionals and act as amateurs!
The entire point of the matter and this OP has escaped you kind sir... As for resorting to name calling of people and trying to bad mouth a long time respected member of this community that provides a free connection/service... Well you'll lose that battle and not be welcomed back :) Also said user allows amateurs access to professional hardware while this forum supports and guides them...

Torch-and-pitchfork-mob.jpg

*Picture reference to @Q2U from older OP when someone else was sent away :)

Last edited by a moderator:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Frankie Milk replied to me within 7 days.

Perhaps the catalog could be posted on this site to make it easier for people ( I get 10 catalogs in the post per month and more via email)

and the criteria save hopes being dashed and disappointment leading to frustration as above ( I thought I had found a bargain and dealer to save me potentially 1000s !)

Criteria

The Milkman replied :

1) "We are looking to sell to part time/full time IT professionals, Network Engineers, Security installers, business owners and many others in the IT/Security industry. We don’t really want to sell directly to homeowners with no experience or training though (since IP cameras are not that easy to use)."

2) No overseas due to shipping costs so best with Alibaba ! :sad:
Catalog can never be posted on the forum, it must be controlled. Access to this hardware is for "Security and IT professionals" that have a registered business and TaxID. That is the requirements for purchasing from this dealer. However, via this forum you have access to the hardware as a benefit and service. Milk does not personally own the business or line his own pockets by doing this, it is simply a service and way for the company to grow. The catalog does not provide underground access to sub $100 cameras and hardware like so many people believe it does.

I actually respect and commend Milk for continuing to offer this service when so many people on here get there panties in a bunch because he "wasn't responsive" in there mind and believe they "deserve" an answer NOW... FML

@adamdylan only the portion about why the catalog can't be posted is for you - the other is my own rant based on a few users posts before/after yours, hope your making headway on your shop setup :)

AweShucks

n3wb
Reaction score
Milk responded to me within 24hrs after messaging.

End users might not appreciate this catalog. Business owners will love it! It's not easy to find 3yr warranties with good pricing anymore.

Thanks Milk!

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lts has great pricing and variety of cameras I believe compared to other vendors. I feel confident in installing them with the 3 year warranty on a majority of the cameras. With the lower profit margin I don't see why it matters If they only want to sell to knowledgeable installers.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He's one guy and managing his inbox here isn't his primary responsibility so waiting and/or politely following up would be the thing to do. If you have no luck or don't have the time to go through him, check out some of the other good vendors that folks like around here. They want/need our business, too.

He delivered for me - got a good setup at a good value and quickly made good on the warranty when the WD drive failed in my NVR.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Catalog please. (I'm in the U.S. if it matters).
Hi,
Going to ask again. And is there a way to communicate with you directly, (PM?) and discuss options and needs after reviewing the catalog?
Thx

BBQ Ribs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Going to ask again. And is there a way to communicate with you directly, (PM?) and discuss options and needs after reviewing the catalog?
Thx
Per previous posts, PM him as he is very busy and may not monitor this thread too often

techoguy

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been following this post for a long time.
I also have always been surprised that in the beginning of the post it's not made clear that milkisbad can only sell to security professionals as many people on this forum are end consumers or home owners.

While it is great that milkisbad supports people on this forum (which I don't want to take that away or degrade his efforts there) he does work for the company in which the products are sold from.

You can always ask for a catalog from that company directly instead of through this channel or at least you should be able to if you really fit the criteria. With that, knowing the distribution business, the reason the catalog can't be posted is because it has whole sale prices not end consumer prices so the company and all their integrators aren't going to want to make that public.

Over all LTS is great to work with and is definitely a great company.

Mark

n3wb
Reaction score
Is buying direct through milkisbad a much better deal than buying through an LTS reseller like Wrightwood? Read: are they wholesale or near retail prices in the catalog?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Mark - Wrightwood does NOT sell LTS hardware. LTS is a private label HIK dealer - who also supports, warranties, and even custom designs there own firmware. Buying direct from the source will almost always be better then buying from a reseller. I purchase LTS hardware directly from LTS in the south and midwest, I have not seen anyone beat there pricing when it comes to an apples to apples comparison of the exact cameras - unbranded, private labeled, or reseller.

Mark

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd prefer direct, but given the volume of purchasing I'd be doing, they might want to pawn me off to one of their resellers.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Mark, I don't think you understand what LTS is... This is a company with offices and warehouses across the country and a few hundred employees stateside. They are fully capable of supporting pallet orders and normally within a week... They are not going to pass you off to anyone.

@fenderman - my fault I was thinking nelly's not wrightwood

*Edit - I just looked at Wrightwood, if you are set on LTS don't go to a reseller, the premium markup and limited offering is disgusting. If you're wanting to deal with a reseller I'll gladly place orders for you and give you net 15 and act as a middle man with a minimal markup of 25%. :)

Mark

n3wb
Reaction score
They are fully capable of supporting pallet orders and normally within a week... They are not going to pass you off to anyone.
Sorry, I meant my lack of volume. It's not like Coke is going to sell direct to me for just a six pack.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Mark - got ya - you can go through Milk and buy one camera if thats all you want.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm typing before processing this evening apparently the cold meds are slowing brain functions down.

I'm going to bed for the night! :)

techoguy

n3wb
Reaction score
@zero-degrees LTS does not sell to end consumers. I've called them to clarify and they've confirmed this. This is why there are resellers like Wrightood Surveillance. LTS is selling to integrators and to people that sell these cameras to their customers just like Hikvision (through proper channels) and nearly every other "professional" labeled product. Simply put LTS is not selling these direct. Milkisbad is selling these as an employee from LTS and is why he requires someone to be a business owner to purchase through him. Now milkisbad doesn't seem to follow those rules posed by his own company as it appears from your statement and other posts if he does sell to people that only want one camera, but that's not LTS's desired way. Nearly every electronic manufacture you buy follows this model. You don't buy direct, you buy through resellers. So if you're in the business of installing cameras, call LTS up and get the cameras at the wholesale prices. If not, test your luck with Milkisbad or go to a reseller.

Status
Not open for further replies.