Got my Dahua 4MP IPC-HDBW4421R-AS 2.8mm

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is my installation with Bosch Tritech PIR. Quite new on installing stuff so there are things to improve for sure. The black wires are too exposed, cut them to short.
Need to make some kind of screen to direct the light from the led on the camera becose its bouncing of the celingboard blinding the camera... I like it kind of hidden under there so from farther away its not seen. Anyway quite happy with it so far.

20160605_133429.jpg20160605_140532.jpg

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got this Dahua 4MP IPC-HDBW4421R-AS since few days, bought in same time a Dahua IPC-HDW4421C-A.

I want to connect them to my NVR Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8 P (firmware 3.4.62) but no way, I can't add them in ONVIF protocol always got wrong user/pwd.

Can we use protocol ONVIF with an HIK nvr ? i add them like my other cam (hikvision or imporx) port 80 or 8000

Is there a special configuration to do on the Dahua for the Hik NVR.

Thanks

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is my installation with Bosch Tritech PIR. Quite new on installing stuff so there are things to improve for sure. The black wires are too exposed, cut them to short.
Need to make some kind of screen to direct the light from the led on the camera becose its bouncing of the celingboard blinding the camera... I like it kind of hidden under there so from farther away its not seen. Anyway quite happy with it so far.

View attachment 11194View attachment 11195
How is the pir sensor do far? How many feet from sensor will it detect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How is the pir sensor do far? How many feet from sensor will it detect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With standard setting (microwave power is adjustble) range seems to be about 30 feet where i have it installed. Increasing the power should increase the range (cant confrm thought) but at the place i have it 30feet is perfect. Any longer and bushes in wind might false trigger.

I have not had any false triggers at this location so i am very happy with the setup.

Here is the manual.
It mentions 40ft. Its an indoor PIR so its not designed for long range i think if that is what you need. Not weatherproof either.
Since i have mine under roof it should be ok i think. Time will tell.

http://resource.boschsecurity.com/documents/BlueLineGen2_Data_sheet_enUS_2614480139.pdf

https://us.boschsecurity.com/us_product/products/intrusionalarmsystems/detectorsandaccessories/motionpirmicrowave/bluelinegen2tritechmotion/bluelinegen2tritechmotion_23321

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitaliy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. it was given to someone to find the English firmware IPC-HDBW4421R-AS

tvb

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone manage to get past this?

Using what looks like the correct firmware, current is 2.400.0000.23.R - Build 2015-12-15 - it still errors meaning it's either the wrong one or the ConfigTool (3.2.1) is still flakey?

Anyone have any joy upgrading or a different Dahua firmware repository by chance?
I managed to finally update my firmware! Seethisthread. I used the Themis one "Software Version: 2.400.0000.34.R, Build Date: 2016-08-01". It uploaded the .bin via the web interface without issues and the cam rebooted nicely.

Before:

After:

Happy day!

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using the same custom firmware for a while too. The main difference is the old firmware wouldn't let you go past 2560x1440 but the new firmware has a slightly higher resolution option :)