Got New Camera From Andy And I Can't Log In To It

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I try to log in I get "This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It’s possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help."

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to know the address of your PC and the address of the camera. I'm betting they are totally different subnets.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same. 192.168.1.---, 255.255.255.0 on both.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the camera powered up, either by PoE or a 12 volt wall wart? What address are you using for the camera?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What camera is it?
What's the IP address of your workstation? (ipconfig /all)
Can you ping 192.168.1.108 from it? (the default address of a new Dahua cam)
As awsum140 stated, how are you powering the camera?

SD

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera is a IPC-A26P. Workstation is 192.168.1.123. ConfigTool shows camera address is 192.168.1.165. Ping Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0. Camera is powered by the supplied wall wart and connected by Ethernet.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you sure that 1655 is actually the camera? I know this sounds a little simplistic, but I always find the answer right there behind the milk, if you know what I mean. I'm not saying the camera can't be defective, which would be pretty unusual, but usually it's nothing more than an incorrect address.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can log in to it with SmartPSS but not with anything else.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Moving on.

Where is the camera plugged in to your network? Wi fi or wired?
What OS and browser are you using to connect to 192.168.1.165?
Can you connect from the Config Tool?

SD

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wired. Windows 10. Chrome with IE tab. No.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Were you able to get "into" the camera with Config Tool? The latest camera I bought from Andy I had to use the Config Tool in the Dahua Tool Box.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've personally never got Chrome to work, in all the setups I've installed. I've always had the best luck with IE11, from Win 10. Have used Safari with a plugin for a neighbor, but that was dysfunctional.

Have you had success with other Dahua's with Chrome and the IE tab? I have not had any luck, and I've installed a dozen systems for businesses and individuals. Did your Win 10 machine come with IE11?

Not familiar with the A26P. I did some research though. Looks like there is an Android app, or an EZ4IP cloud based setup. I'm at a loss being so far away. If I was there, I'm sure we could get it to connect.

Try IE 11 if you have access to it.

SD

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When I try to log in I get "This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It’s possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help."
Please post some screenshots of:
-your attempts at accessing the camera using 2 different browsers include the address bar in the screenshot
-what the config tool shows
-the output of ipconfig /all

What model is the camera?

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Apparently you can't connect to this camera with a browser. Only with SmartPSS or App. Andy did send me new firmware but just like the pre installed firmware, it has DH-SD1 for PTZ control. I am using Blue Iris and I can't control the PTZ. I am trying to get firmware with ONVIF but if I can't, is there any way to control it with DH-SD1?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
DH-SD1 is only used internally for the camera to communicate with its PTZ controller. It has no effect on the network protocol used by Blue Iris.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It sounds like the the Dahua Consumer cameras don't have a configuration webpage, you have to use their app