Got to love not being able to log in brand new cameras

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
:mad2:

So after ordering from nelly's i had them set everything up with the NVR. After receiving the package tonight and wanting to test said cameras to make sure they work, well NO where is there a password listed on the box or instruction book so the default one was tried 12345 nope tried 123456 nope that didn't work either. Im kind of pissed now cause i don't know what they changed the passwords to and it would have been nice had it been noted.

Now i have to wait 30 mins and try and crack the passwords or wait till tomorrow to call when these are suppose to be installed in the morning so much for being on time tomorrow to put these in.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
:mad2:

So after ordering from nelly's i had them set everything up with the NVR. After receiving the package tonight and wanting to test said cameras to make sure they work, well NO where is there a password listed on the box or instruction book so the default one was tried 12345 nope tried 123456 nope that didn't work either. Im kind of pissed now cause i don't know what they changed the passwords to and it would have been nice had it been noted.

Now i have to wait 30 mins and try and crack the passwords or wait till tomorrow to call when these are suppose to be installed in the morning so much for being on time tomorrow to put these in.
Those are not the default passwords for hikvision...search the forum and you will find them.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those are not the default passwords for hikvision...search the forum and you will find them.
According to nellys site 12345 is the default right from the video. I know my hikvision were all 12345 when i got them last year. care to share more info on what I'm not finding

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If there's a factory reset button on the camera, use it and it should go back to 12345 for English Region camera. (unplug camera, hold down button, plug in power and keep holding button for about 10 seconds then let go) unless you got a eyesurv camera by mistake then dahua's default login should be admin/admin

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had this problem on a new vari-focal I purchased from Nelly's recently (see my signature for the model). I had the same problem--none of the default passwords worked and the documentation was no help.
SADP found the camera easily enough, but what was odd was that the camera showed "active" versus "inactive" in the status column of SADP. It's possible this camera was "used," but it didn't look like it.
So on to my attempt to connect:
After no luck with a bunch of password guesses, I tried BP's security code tool (which has worked well in the past), but it didn't work in this case.
I then contacted Nelly's and the first person I talked to simply had me try the same passwords again, which of course didn't work. He then told me I'd have to send the camera back to them because there was no way to recover the password since the camera had already been activated....sending it back would be a pain since this camera was already a replacement for a camera that I had had with focus problems. So I decided to hang up and contact another rep at Nelly's who I have a direct phone number for. He also had me try the same passwords which of course didn't work.
I asked him why they were having me try two different passwords and he explained that one password was the factory default and the other was a Nelly's password--apparently they connect some cameras to their system and in doing so, they create their own Nelly's password. Regardless, neither worked.
Finally, this guy at least had the knowledge to tell me to take off the dome and find the reset switch on the circuit board (very small black button). He had me press it for thirty seconds while un-powered. Then, while still pressing the button, plug the camera in to get power and continue to hold the reset button until the IR lights went off....this factory reset the camera and allowed me to access it via SADP and to create my own password.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, the Nelly's password was 1234567abc....in any case, give them a call and have them work with you on it. Good luck.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Did you ask them why would they change default password? I had an issue once with this when seller from Aliexpress changed the 12345 password and the reason was because they were hacking them and forgot to reset to default, but they did send me recovery code so wasn't a huge deal

spencnor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The last few Hiks I got from Ali had pw: abc12345

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So in a nut shell they actually didn't change the default passwords on the 6 cameras after talking with them. After little research it turns out when the cameras are attached to the NVR with POE the password for the admin account on the NVR changes the cameras PW from what i am gathering when its set to plug and play basically it auto configs rather then manual. Had to make this really really dumbed down for my buddy as he lacks the techie part and is lost when you say IP or anything to do with computer stuff.

So in short i found this explaining to connect the laptop to the actual NVR to access the cameras webpages and used the admin / what nelly's gave for the admin PW on the NVR and it logged into the cameras web page as normal.

So going forward it wasn't nelly's fault and i stand corrected they did what i asked and set the stuff up and it was no fault of their own. Something I'm sure most casual people wouldn't have even know that they could hit the actual web pages of the cameras. But the forum members here we tend to really dive deep into things.

See below for the actual instructions

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/115-Hitting-cameras-web-pages-with-a-laptop-in-an-NVR-with-POE

o this-

- Plug all cameras into the NVR POE ports and get them live, so they are assigned IP addresses by the NVR

- Write all those addresses down, probably found in a remote device menu in the NVR

- Preferably use a laptop or netbook and do this;

- Go to your local area connection page

- Click on properties

- Double click on internet protocol [TCP/IP]

- Change 'obtain an IP address automatically' to 'use the following IP address'

- Put the subnet in for your cameras. Example, if they're all 192.168.1.125 through like 192.168.1.130, plug in something not taken by any of the cameras, such as 192.168.1.5

- Click in the subnet mask and it should automatically dump in 255.0.0.0. I actually put in 255.255.255.0 and it worked as well. But it'll auto dump in 255.0.0.0 and you should be fine with that.

- Click OK

- If you haven't set your IE activeX for the laptop yet, now's the time to do it per your manufactures instructions

- Plug the laptop into an open POE port on the NVR

- Open an IE browser and type in any cameras address that you wrote down earlier, making sure that camera is plugged into the NVR as well

- You should hit the cameras web page. Do the same for all of them- browse to their addresses.

- Tweak anything you need right in the camera! Bonus- you see the live feed change per your tweaks on your laptop AND on the monitor hooked up to the NVR!

- After all is done, unplug the laptop go back into the local area connection properties/internet protocal [TCP/IP] and check off 'obtain an address automatically' again.

Last edited by a moderator: