Graceful shutdown Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16

Reaction score
I'm supposed to be a Linux admin but somehow got roped into managing just about everything in the office. We have a rack in the server room with a failed UPS, in the same rack is our camera server. I need to gracefully shut it down so I can replace the UPS.

I can log in with the Device Management GUI but I don't see any power options other than reboot.

I connected a monitor to the DB9 console connection on the back of the server but that was just output of the cameras. I also tried connecting to the hdmi port but nothing showed up.

Does anyone have any experience with this server that could give me some tips? Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The web GUI has no shutdown - and the (restricted|) shell does not have that either - but the VGA/HDMI interface should have a graceful shutdown facility.
But just pulling the plug should be OK too.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm supposed to be a Linux admin but somehow got roped into managing just about everything in the office. We have a rack in the server room with a failed UPS, in the same rack is our camera server. I need to gracefully shut it down so I can replace the UPS.

I can log in with the Device Management GUI but I don't see any power options other than reboot.

I connected a monitor to the DB9 console connection on the back of the server but that was just output of the cameras. I also tried connecting to the hdmi port but nothing showed up.

Does anyone have any experience with this server that could give me some tips? Thanks!
welcome to the forum...nothing will happen to the NVR if you simply unplug it....power outages happen.