Graffiti "Artist" Caught on Camera!

thestubbornrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This was on Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 9:45pm. Make sure you set it at 720p. It's a tad bit grainy. Tagging starts at 55 seconds.

Local news did a story on it as well:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't believe this is even news worthy must not be much going on in Oklahoma.

I think i would be pissed have it been on private property garages etc but a dumpster meh who cares

thestubbornrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Partially agree, but stupid crimes like this just brings the property values down and just makes the area look horrible.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Partially agree, but stupid crimes like this just brings the property values down and just makes the area look horrible.
property values don't fall from a dumpster being tagged, and even if there was enough tagging happening to lower values then that alone tells you there are far bigger things going on it that area making values fall.

its not even gang signs its some silly yuppie lance Armstrong biker doing it.

thestubbornrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used to say it takes a lot of balls to publicly admit you cheated, but Lance Armstrong proved it only takes one. . .

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree..hope they find this person..nice idea of using the dog as cover...it does make the area look like crap..

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
just scout there are for a kid walking his dog around that time of night and wearing a hoodie, your bound to find him

stevejay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The proven mechanism of graffiti is that one tag, no matter how innocuous, inevitably attracts many others that may be totally unrelated to that first one. I've lived through this, I know the pattern. The sight of one prominent tag being allowed to remain is taken as a sign to others that (a) residents of the neighborhood don't care ("they're cool") and (b) there aren't likely to be any unpleasant downsides like getting caught or confronted. Everything has to start somewhere and a graffiti plague begins with The First Tag. The green light is signaled. Unfortunately, they don't wake you up in the middle of the night and offer you the option to accept only the "harmless" tags about bike safety while meanwhile rejecting the idiots and gang-banger tags. You end up having to live with ALL of it. The waste company that owns those dumpsters should be pestered with phone calls that the dumpsters must be painted over immediately, too. In some communities, there's a legal responsibility for businesses to paint over tags ASAP.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wow. It looks like your famous again.
You got envy, bro? They never mentioned TSR's name, address, or any details about him. Looks like they took the video, and used it as anchor point for the story. Any attention brought to home video systems is a net positive, and should be welcomed by all of us - not lambasted or ridiculed.

The more people see these videos, the more will want to install systems, the greater the benefit we have as neighborhoods and communities.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You got envy, bro? They never mentioned TSR's name, address, or any details about him. Looks like they took the video, and used it as anchor point for the story. Any attention brought to home video systems is a net positive, and should be welcomed by all of us - not lambasted or ridiculed.

The more people see these videos, the more will want to install systems, the greater the benefit we have as neighborhoods and communities.
What would suggest to you that I've got envy or that I intended to lambast or ridicule? Are you OK?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
What would suggest to you that I've got envy or that I intended to lambast or ridicule? Are you OK?
Apparently, I'm not. I gotta apologize. I read your comment as snide - I have a tendency to read things that aren't really there. What had me primed was this comment from another user. I should have done my homework and verified that it was(n't) you before making that remark. Sorry...