Green in recorded images

SteveGB

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the cause of this? Can I eliminate the green?

SteveGB

n3wb
Reaction score
This is the first couple of seconds of the recorded video. Once the green goes away, then the video is fine except for a few pixelations later on.

Attachments

SteveGB

n3wb
Reaction score
Here's another shot form another camera. This one exhibits blue/purple as well as green. Once the recording "settles down" the rest of the recording is fine.

Attachments

SteveGB

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, had highlight motion set on both cameras. I have turned off the highlight motion to see if the green/pixilation occurs again without it.

If this would have happened with my Logitech Commander software, I would have thought video driver since I am using a 6 year old RADEON HD 6800 video card. On the other hand Blue Iris is not supposed to be dependent on the video card, rather the CPU , if I am correct.

Other than the older video card, I am running a new i7 4790 CPU with 32 Gigs of ram on a new ASUS Maximus VII Hero motherboard.One last point of conside5ration is that I am hooked up over WIFI. Using latest technology with good signal strength and speed, but this has to be watched.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Wifi could be causing this... Increase your buffer size in the camera properties video tab ... Also I would not run that video card... Just use integrated graphics.. Will save you a ton in energy costs..

Sent via Taptalk

SteveGB

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure yet. I want to do a bit more looking. I'll post again about this tomorrow. Thanks for your interest.

SteveGB

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, not sure if highlight motion was the cause. Removing it seems to have reduced the frequency of green screens, but I still get a few. While it is still possible that I may have overlooked turning it off for one or more cameras I am looking for other causes. One recurring event was when my Logitech cameras were moving in and out of IR in the early am and pm. This is not unique to Blue Iris. The Logitech software reports motion at such times, however, without the green screen. Will report more at a later time. Still learning this new software.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, not sure if highlight motion was the cause. Removing it seems to have reduced the frequency of green screens, but I still get a few. While it is still possible that I may have overlooked turning it off for one or more cameras I am looking for other causes. One recurring event was when my Logitech cameras were moving in and out of IR in the early am and pm. This is not unique to Blue Iris. The Logitech software reports motion at such times, however, without the green screen. Will report more at a later time. Still learning this new software.
The green screens may also be the result of the new update 2.1...i noticed it on hikvision cams as well...im sure it will be resolved soon..

bugmenot01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same Problem.
If i change the Quality to JPEG High it works again, i do not get a green screen:
1657672509711.png

bugmenot01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i found out if i change this to javascript and the quality to 2160p it is working also:
1657672842482.png

1657672875800.png