Gunshine State

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No disagreement at all there...what I mean is that:
  • The man in FL shot and killed 2 home invaders, and rightly so, IMO.
  • The couple in MO were threatened with bodily harm by violent protesters, told that their house would be burned down, but didn't fire a shot and had their home searched and a firearm seized by local LEO.
THAT is what concerns me deeply. :confused:
I agree completely. Bet they (authority's) involve the Red Flag crap as the reasoning behind it.
I know a Great gun lawyer in Indianapolis that would be happy to help them. ;)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the cities are going to arrange for picking up all the dead bodies on a daily basis? They can get pretty "high" pretty quickly especially in this kind of heat.

Another thought is how the unarmed "first responders" will feel about going to a domestic violence call or a drunk and disorderly call as well as what will happen when they get attacked and injured or even killed?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Rare imho to see pictures of the thugs... wanted to grab this before the media pulls the page due to PC pressures...

WESLEY CHAPEL — Two armed intruders were shot dead and a third was wounded when a homeowner fired on them early Friday, according to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office.

The homeowner said he was inside his home playing video games when at about 12:43 a.m. he heard the glass of his laundry room door shatter, according to a sheriff’s report. He saw an arm reach inside to unlock the door. Then the homeowner said he saw a masked man walk in and aim a gun at him.

The homeowner said he grabbed his Glock 9mm pistol, which was just a few feet away, and fired several times at the intruder. He saw the intruder fall down, the report said. ...

Then a second masked intruder entered the house, and the homeowner said he fired at him, too. That intruder also collapsed.

The masked men were aiming their weapons at the homeowner when they were shot, said Pasco Sheriff Chris Nocco.

Luis Casado, 21, was one of two armed intruders killed by a Wesley Chapel homeowner during an attempted home invasion, according to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office. [Pasco County Sheriff's Office]
The homeowner said he then saw a third intruder enter, the report said. The homeowner started firing again, but said his Glock jammed. Then he said he grabbed a Kriss Vector 10mm semi-automatic rifle, but didn’t fire it. The third intruder had run away.

The sheriff said the intruders who died have histories of violent crime.

“This is not out of the norm of their activities to use violence,” he said.

Sheriff’s officials did not identify the homeowner because of their interpretation of Marsy’s law, a constitutional amendment that is designed to protect crime victims but also deprives the public of information that has historically been provided in Florida. The agency did not release the address of the shooting, saying only that it took place in the vicinity of the intersection of State Road 54 and State Road 56, near the Tampa Premium Outlets outdoor mall.

ref:

View attachment 66165
Glock jams? But the Glock fanboys swear on their mothers grave that NEVER happens.
Nor do they ever spontaneously explode. ;)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the cities are going to arrange for picking up all the dead bodies on a daily basis? They can get pretty "high" pretty quickly especially in this kind of heat.

Another thought is how the unarmed "first responders" will feel about going to a domestic violence call or a drunk and disorderly call as well as what will happen when they get attacked and injured or even killed?
CHOP was a fine example of what will occur.

Reaction score
Glock 9mm pistol
Interesting. I have eight Glocks. Two for carry, a couple for fun, and four for competition. Much like @bigredfish I shot about 450-500 rounds a week when I was competing. I have shot well over 150K rounds (stopped keeping track after a few years) through them and the only issues I have ever had was a broken trigger return spring on a G19 after about 23k rounds, a stovepipe on a G34 while in a competition in Venezuela (my fault for not putting a little oil on the rails in a long time), and one short cycle FTF (never did figure that one out) on a G34. Oh I forgot one. I did bump the slide out of battery once in a competition by bumping the front of the slide on a window.

Back in the early 2000's there was a lot of hype going around on shooting boards about limp wristing failures of Glocks. So I went to the range and tried to force one. Never could get it to fail. Held it so weakly with one hand I can't believe that it did not jump out of my hand. But I guess in the heat of defending your life at a moments notice, one could bump the slide such that it short cycles or something.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting. I have eight Glocks. Two for carry, a couple for fun, and four for competition. Much like @bigredfish I shot about 450-500 rounds a week when I was competing. I have shot well over 150K rounds (stopped keeping track after a few years) through them and the only issues I have ever had was a broken trigger return spring on a G19 after about 23k rounds, a stovepipe on a G34 while in a competition in Venezuela (my fault for not putting a little oil on the rails in a long time), and one short cycle FTF (never did figure that one out) on a G34. Oh I forgot one. I did bump the slide out of battery once in a competition by bumping the front of the slide on a window.

Back in the early 2000's there was a lot of hype going around on shooting boards about limp wristing failures of Glocks. So I went to the range and tried to force one. Never could get it to fail. Held it so weakly with one hand I can't believe that it did not jump out of my hand. But I guess in the heat of defending your life at a moments notice, one could bump the slide such that it short cycles or something.

I have a bad habit of riding the slide release on my SIgs, cant tell you how many times I didnt get a slide lock on empty because of it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Right now may not be the best time for a visit as we’re working hard on setting new virus totals, but once that dies down, glad to meet up and show ya around.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
And just like that we did it! We’re number 1!

I’d like to thank all of the millennials hitting the bars, and Floridians of all ages ignoring the pandemic, with special mention to the families from all over the world attending the Disney reopening this weekend!

Great job!

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And just like that we did it! We’re number 1!

I’d like to thank all of the millennials hitting the bars, and Floridians of all ages ignoring the pandemic, with special mention to the families from all over the world attending the Disney reopening this weekend!

Great job!

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sounds like you have the same sort of idiots that we have in the uk. all at bournemouth beach a couple of weeks ago thousands of them inches apart. and the funny thing is i don't remember anyone telling me that covid 19 isn't still with us. maybe i missed the news that day..

Reaction score
as you test more and more people you will get an increase in positive results. I want to know how many people are sick with it and how many are hospitalized with it. that is what really counts.

the population of Florida is larger than 177 nations there are only 57 countries with a larger population

Last edited: