h.265 playback

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to play a video file made with DS-2CD2035-I using h.265 codec without luck. Tried VLC player and 5K Player the seconds are running but nothing is playing. If going back to h.264 the video files are playing without a problem. I'm still able to view h.265 in IE playback tab but this is not an option.

The camera has 5.4.20 firmware.

What I'm doing wrong and to play h.265 video files?

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
H265 go with VLC, GOM Player, VSplayer.

Last edited:

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't actually know if the 'official' VSplayer from Hikvision is up to date enough to handle h.265 - but it might be worth a try, then we'll all know!
Download is available here if you want to test it : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
Thanks. VS_Player V7.2.0 plays Hikvision h.265 video files successfully.

VLC with the latest updates doesn't play it, don't know why...

GOM Player plays the file as well, just tried it.

tne7laa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have also this problem to play downloaded files from my new DS-2CD2435FWD-IW. I'm using Apple OSX in a MacBook Pro. Most of the times VLC can play but not now. Also with the demuxer set on h.265 manually.
Only thing i can play is on a virtualized Windows10 but sucks performance. I can play the files in VS-Player but can't even convert it to an other playable format (gives an error).
I need an Mac player which can play or an Windows application which can convert it.

tne7laa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try with mpv. mpv.io
I tried mpv but is crashing on the files. No solution.

Another thing I see is that in VSPlayer there are green/red borders around the moving subject. Maybe a normal player can’t play this. Maybe this has to be turned off. But how?