Half-Decent Youtube review of a bunch of wired IP cameras

fresnoboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
See here:
Overall, not too bad, but he doesn't do a lot of tweaking on the cameras, and even though he's using BlueIris, he doesn't flag any Reolink camera issues with BI, which is odd because I thought BI had a lot of issues with that brand.

Spoilier: Dahua came out #2.

thanks,
mike

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
I only scanned through the video briefly, so I cannot opine on the quality of the test.

One area where Reolink is almost certainly #1 is commissions to affiliates like this YouTuber. From an unsolicited Reolink message to us a few years ago:

I am writing to see if you would like to cooperate with us and become our affiliate. We have launched an affiliate program on ShareaSale (ID: 65309). To reach a win-win goal, our competitive products will bring mass traffic to your sites, and you will also get higher commissions and extra bonus if you’d like to join us. By joining our affiliate program, you would get: At Least 10%, Up to 20% Commissions $35 Average Commissions per order Free Coupons, Frequent Hot DealsPeriodical Material Updates (Including Text ads, images ads, videos, etc.)​

We don't do any affiliate links, ads, etc but it was interesting to see how aggressive Reolink is in this area. I am sure some other IP camera manufacturers do this but, from what we have seen is Reolink was notably aggressive in this area.

fresnoboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
lol, that solidifies that the "reviewer" is full of crap. That camera is junk.
Apparently, it may be one of Dahua's highest selling cameras on Amazon. And it still came out #2.

I wonder about the reviews of products like this on amazon. A lot of people are misled because more knowledge folks data isn't provided in their reviews.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently, it may be one of Dahua's highest selling cameras on Amazon. And it still came out #2.

I wonder about the reviews of products like this on amazon. A lot of people are misled because more knowledge folks data isn't provided in their reviews.
Indeed @fresnoboy

After watching Amazon Prime Day(s) deals in the past 2 days, I can say that man - Amazon sells a lot of cr@ppy security camera products ( as well as numerous other really poor quality stuff.. ) and many consumers are just looking for wide FOV, higher res ( ignoring the quality of image ), free cloud service, and good mobile app experience.

A good example is the Ring PoE stickup (*) .. with a 150 degree H FOV and 1080P resolution it has a very short ID distance ( only 7.x feet, mount it 4 feet higher than a suspects face and the suspect will need to be w/in 6 feet of the base of the camera... ) - and folks are jumping on it like crazy when Amazon posted a deal on it the first day of the sale.

( * - and Ring is one of the better products that Amazon sells - just using it as an example of what consumers are jumping on. Other brands are selling truly horrific security camera products on Amazon )

Last edited:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Does someone know who this guy is here in forum ? He released another video this week which was recommended to me on youtube ...

Last edited: