Halloween thief

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
1:45 am this guy parks then walks right up and steals a ghost from the yard then drives off. Pretty sure this is the same guy breaking into cars in the neighborhood.

2016-10-22 14.27.19.png

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
128° Ultra-Wide Angle. It's a great camera. I am using blueiris software for recording along with 2 Nest cams

http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-home/home-monitoring/cameras/smartcam-hd-outdoor-1080p-full-hd-wifi-camera-snh-e6440bn/

arw01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well at least you can tell the neighbor when the ghost left, and that it was a 4 door sedan, and that is about it.

I sent back my 2.8mm and 4mm is too wide too.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well at least you can tell the neighbor when the ghost left, and that it was a 4 door sedan, and that is about it.

I sent back my 2.8mm and 4mm is too wide too.
Dont know anyone who sets up their cams with their neighbors interests in mind...that would be silly..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
true that @fenderman, but had it been in his own yard I dont believe the results would have been any better than this either.. 128 degree 1080p means over 5ft away and your under 100ppf... at 35ft he's at 15ppf

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Wide angles like that are better for snooping on the neighbours than IDing jerks in your own yard. Great situational awareness in combination with dedicated driveway and door cams with longer lenses but, unless you catch the guy before he leaves, they're useless for facial ID if that's all you've got. All his lawyer has to say is that yep, that guy resembles my client but isn't him.

Right now, I've zoomed out one driveway cam so I can see the whole front of my house while I'm waiting for someone and Blue Iris has that one camera's window sitting on my desktop on top of all other windows. Great for telling me what's going on at roughly 3.something mm but it'll be back at about 6mm for more pixels on target where the car gets parked as soon as they arrive. It's tempting to leave them like that because "I can see everything!" until you actually need to see some detail and you blow up a guy's face to a blurry pixelated mess.