Happy New Year

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have been a lurker for a while on these forums and finally joined back in November but continued to research cameras, NVRs, etc. So far I have been able to gather all of the information I have needed regarding Blue Iris Vs. standalone NVR, camera type, etc by reading current and past threads, Cliffs Notes, Wiki but figured I ought to introduce myself as a courtesy before too much time went by.

I followed the advice given and have purchased a Dell Precision computer and Blue Iris based on the Wiki and forum member recommendations, am currently waiting for my first camera from Andy and once I receive it, will start learning the various settings of the camera, Blue Iris, etc. I am sure at that point i will start to have many questions as this is my first attempt at IP Cams, although I had a go using a Geovision capture card and Geovision software many years ago but gave up as I could never get it to work properly due to some sort of hardware/computer incompatibility based on what I was told by Geovision support.