Hard drive replace without losing all settings

HawkI007

n3wb
Reaction score
I currently have 2 x 160Gb HDD's and want to introduce a 1Tb HDD and ultimately remove the 2 x 160Gb disks.

Is there a way to do this swap out without losing all the settings? I have the Hikvision NVR.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have not provided enough information to receive a helpful answer HawkI007. How are the two 160GB drives configured? Is one drive used for the operating system and the other for data? Are these drives configured as a RAID mirrored pair? Or are both of these drives configured as data drives and the OS installed on a 3rd drive? I will often use Clonezilla to replace/swap-out drives. Clonezilla is free and it works very well, but the user interface isn't very friendly, although I haven't downloaded the latest version as that may have changed by now. I'd suggest you describe your drive configuration a little better to the guys here can help you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The settings are not stored on the drive. Simply swap them out.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your referring to your Blue Iris settings HawkI007, they are stored in your Windows Registry which is stored on your system drive. Therefore, if one of your drives is holding your Windows operating system then you need to migrate what's on the drive using a utility such as Clonezilla. So, once again, what is on the two drives?