Hardware Acceleration: how your setup is performing?

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to know how how much improvement are you getting on your systems with hardware acceleration enabled.

Here I have 4 ip cameras on 1920x1080p at 15fps on a i7 4770, 32Gb, Windows 10. The mobile app on Android, with no movement on the cameras, shows about 19% to 24% of CPU, and no other tasks are running (as possible).

On BIOS setup we always have a setting on how much memory will be dedicated to the GPU. Setting this to higher levels would be better or it doesn't make a difference?

Do you believe or have more info about room for future improvements on hardware acceleration? Today, it seems to make little difference.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
On BIOS setup we always have a setting on how much memory will be dedicated to the GPU. Setting this to higher levels would be better or it doesn't make a difference?
I have tried this before, and it didn't appear to make any difference.

Do you believe or have more info about room for future improvements on hardware acceleration? Today, it seems to make little difference.
It made a huge difference for my i7-3770k system. Back when I installed it the first time, my CPU usage (BI in service mode, using direct to disk recording) was 35-41% and it dropped to 11-15% when enabling hardware acceleration. Part of the trick to seeing a large decrease in CPU usage is already having CPU usage optimized in all the other ways.